Doom Patrol, Titans Will End Their Run With Season Four

I think all of us have been expecting this, although I also think all of us are sad that Doom Patrol and Titans are ending. Still, four seasons is good for any streaming show and at least the shows will have proper series finales (I’m still frustrated that Legends of Tomorrow wasn’t allowed one).

Anyway, I will have to show up for the next few Doom Patrol watchalongs. I usually watch it at 7:00 PM Central because I am eager to see the latest episode, but I would like to share these last few episodes with my fellow fans. As it is I will miss Doom Patrol. It’s one of my three favorite DC shows and the one place I can get my Diane Guerrero fix.

6 Likes

:hugs:
:dp_butterfly: :doom_patrol_club:
#PifflePaffle

6 Likes

#DCUniverseForever :purple_heart:

7 Likes

:purple_heart: :00_dc_2016:

7 Likes

This means when the Titans WAL returns for the last half, it will mean the entire run was done in the community. This is wonderful and sad at the same time. This will help me to go finish out Doom Patrol since I know where it ends now. I agree with @DanTheManOne1 though that because of streaming, this feels like a decent run. I just hope the back half of season 4 wraps up things and pays respect to what came before in season 1 through 3, especially maybe nods to lost characters. These shows will be missed, but I look forward to what comes next.

6 Likes

So, blaming before you know the truth?

2 Likes

xdcu4x

dcu.forever #notethepunctuation
:doom_patrol_club:

5 Likes

Words can’t express how much I loved both these shows and how far they have come with 4 seasons. With them ending like this they should have Stern pinball machines made of them. For any of you fans out there that play pinball and want one of Titans and Doom Patrol made, express your interest to Stern, producers of both shows, etc. Titans forever​:bangbang:

6 Likes

Express interest to Stern at www.sternpinball.com for a pinball machine of Titans, Doom Patrol, and Harley Quinn. Tweet it, Instagram it! #DCTitansPinball #DoomPatrolPinball #HarleyQuinnPinball #PinballPatrol

5 Likes

It was time for Titans to end. While good in most respects, I think it reached its creative zenith in season 2, and has been coasting on fumes since then.

I haven’t watched Doom Patrol in quite a while, but it was substantially better than Titans. Of the two shows, its the one that I will truly miss.

5 Likes

Netflix has never shown either of these shows. The only financial forces at work here are that Zavlav doesn’t want to spend money on shows. The game is to see how many HBO Max subscribers will hang on even he spends less than half of what HBO Max spent on content a couple years ago.
And the greater problem may be that, on a channel with 100 DC TV shows, how do you get a majority of viewers to focus on the newest ones? Would they have to wipe out most of the HBO Max DC content before they could get great ratings on a new DC series?

2 Likes

Titans was handed the keys to the kingdom in terms of what characters they were allowed to use. Cyborg’s the only easily-recognizable character on Doom Patrol. Titans had no excuse for being anything less than fantastic

2 Likes

This makes me so sad!!!

3 Likes

My biggest issue with them is how brutal Titans was.

3 Likes

Titans gets released on Netflix International months after the season fully comes out here in the US, at least back when it was initially being released on DC Universe. I’m not entirely sure about it now since it’s been moved to HBOmax, but I know the cast members would make announcements about when each season gets on Netflix International. I’m not sure about Doom Patrol though.

2 Likes

:notes: Oh, Doomie, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh, Doomie, our love
Holds on, holds on . . . :notes:
:doom_patrol_club: :purple_heart:

#DCU.forever #notethepunctuation #RabbleRabbleSquad

2 Likes

:notes: Got my own mind
I want to make my own decisions
When it has to do with my life, my life
I wanna be the one who’s on Patrol :notes:

:dp_butterfly: :doom_patrol_club:
#RabbleRabbleSquad

2 Likes

Titans was a Netflix original outside the US and that was a large part of what was paying for the show from the money they were getting for that. That was DC Universe original business model… make the shows, syndicate them internationally and use the money they made from those deals to bring the show a profit since DC Universe was not expected to in the early years even if it had been successful, as is the case with pretty much every streaing service losing money at start up. So yes, Netflix was paying for the show.

Doom Patrol as far as I know was not on Netflix internationally. The plan seemed to be with DC Universe to try and sell the shows overseas to pay for them and make a profit, not rely on subscriber numbers. I think one of the reasons it did go down is because shortly after the Titans deal HBO MAX was announced and at that point Warner didn’t want to syndicate their stuff overseas as much.

3 Likes

I thought DCU was successful

3 Likes

I guess it depends on definition, the service was short lived as it launched so in that sence it wasn’t. But given most of their shows lasted 3 or 4 seasons (Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Titans and Harley Quinn the last of which is still going on) and it did live on as this service DCUI then I would agree it definitely was. It left a legacy for sure.

2 Likes