Doom Patrol, Titans Will End Their Run With Season Four

13 Likes

Saw this sad but at least we got 4 great seasons and they get to end it there way.

8 Likes

I figured this would be the case due to the massive changes/confusion going on at WB and DC.

7 Likes

dang, sucks

7 Likes

I know most will pin this on Zaslav and the new DCU plans, and sure that was a factor, but even before Discovery bought Warner Brothers much less Gunn and Safran being appointed heads of DC TV and Movies I figured these shows were winding down.

Streaming shows usually only last 3 or 4 seasons even when successful, and almost never go more than 5 and even getting 5 is a rarity. So I go into streaming series assuming that we likely will only get 3 or 4 seasons. So even if ATT still owned WB and Gunn was never appointed I would have been expecting it to end by now.

Don’t get me wrong, once they appointed Gunn I figured that whatever chance they had before of them getting a 5th season was likely gone. Some seemed convinced due to the Netflix deal Titans was a lock for 7 or 8 seasons, but they were always kidding themselves sadly.

I also figured once they announced the crossover with those shows and Stargirl, I.E. the three Burlanti produced shows originally on DC Universe that they likely set that up because they didn’t expect to get another chance.

Still, although I am sorry to see it go and not convinced replacing them with shows that will be ambitiously linked to DCU movies and video games like they keep insinuating will produce a better show. But the truth is that Titans and Doom Patrol would have never been made had DC Universe not become a thing, and the fact they outlived DC Universe by 2 years was more than impressive. So I feel I can’t complain, it’s a shame but those are the breaks and the truth is in the current TV environment fans expecting much more than 4 seasons are usually setting themselves up for dissapointment. Shows simply don’t do epic 7-10 year runs on streaming services.

8 Likes

dp1
#DCU.forever #notethepunctuation
:doom_patrol_club:

11 Likes

Titans will be missed greatly absolutely amazing tv show I hope we will get similar tv shows like it. Brenton Thwaites was just perfect as Nightwing along with other members of the cast. With this being said I’m more than grateful Titans got to be a reality and will always be in my top 5 tv shows. :00_teen_titans: :ttns_gif_dick:

9 Likes

Big thanks to @ProActress for the heads up on this news piece.
:smiley: :+1: :doom_patrol_club:
#PifflePaffle

9 Likes

:pleading_face: :cry: :purple_heart: :dp_butterfly:

#RabbleRabbleSquad
:triumph: :muscle:

9 Likes

She’s who told me about it to.

Loved these shows. I’m really gonna miss them.

9 Likes

Any word on when the second halves will air ?

8 Likes

If anyone needs me I’m gonna be embracing this energy:

tumblr_b6e74a3be4aa9e4554c6898e369cc56b_6b695834_250

12 Likes

Definitely a bummer, but they were great while they lasted. Hope new things to come can build upon their success. (Dead Boy Detectives, still waiting on that Ian Ziering Blue Devil series, and plenty of new stuff to mine…)

9 Likes

Why are Gunn and Safran a factor in the cancelation?

7 Likes

Because their creative control of DC extends to the shows as well. Admittedly Gunn has said that the decision to end these shows predated his and Safran’s arrival, but I’m still curious as to whether they could’ve intervened and stopped the cancellations from happening, or if the process was already too far in for them to stop

8 Likes

My fortune teller says it will be when most inconvenient for you.

7 Likes

If I simply never finish this season of Doom Patrol, I can just assume it never ends and we can keep watching it forever and ever and everything is fine.

12 Likes

If you watch Doom Patrol episodes in a completely random order, it builds an entirely new narrative that is truly endless.

8 Likes

I’m with this. Count me in

#PifflePaffle
:dp_butterfly: :doom_patrol_club:

I :purple_heart: this.

8 Likes

:hugs:

5 Likes