:doom_patrol_club:Doom Patrol Season 3 Is Back 9/23:doom_patrol_club:

Neat! I wanted to see Tiny Rita, now we might get a Big Rita!

3 Likes

Mallah! The Brain! Lots of other badass stuff! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I should really finish season 2 before September 23rd rolls around.

notches ā€œFinish Doom Patrol season 2ā€ up on his to-do list

3 Likes

It looks promising, but has anyone besides me noticed that, in the first two seasons, Crazy Jane seemed to be the main focus of every other episode? Sheā€™s a great character, but come on! The show is called Doom Patrol, not Crazy Jane and Friends.

Also, for a show about superheroes, thereā€™s not much in the way of action. Would you watch a TV show in which Superman or Wonder Woman just lay on the couch taking a nap? Hereā€™s the answer: No, you would not! You expect them to use their powers and go off on an exciting adventure. I donā€™t know about you, but if I had cool super powers, Iā€™d use them every day.

Finally, Rita needs to get as much of a spotlight as Jane did in the first two seasons. It seems whenever things get interesting for Rita, the focus shifts to another character and Ritaā€™s story is dropped (ex: the Sidney Bloom flashback, her relationship with Elliot, the play and her rival). But letā€™s just focus on Janeā€¦AGAIN! As much as I love the show this is just sloppy writing.

Does anyone else feel the same, or am I reading too much into all this?

2 Likes

Interesting, I donā€™t really remember if that was the case or not. Going off of my vague memory I think her and Cliff had the most in Season 1 then below them Larry + Vic and then Rita below them (if I had to guess). Then of course Dorothy for Season 2 I imagine had the equivalent if not more than Cliff or Jane had in Season 1 (if Iā€™m remembering right idk).

For me that comes down to expectations coming into the show. TBH I wasnā€™t sure what to expect prior to watching the series except for some weirdness but getting this beautifully written character exploration into broken people became the main attraction as the series went on (for me).

More Rita is always a good thing. April Bowlby nails that character so giving her equivalent spot light as much as others have Iā€™m completely down for.

3 Likes

Exactly! Just to show you how bad it is, remember the Beard Hunter episode where Vic was fighting the Beard Hunter? Why didnā€™t Rita use her stretching powers to punch him? Oh thatā€™s rightā€¦Vic is a MAN and the writers donā€™t want to show a powerful woman.

A side note: It would be nice to see an episode called Rita Patrol, although Iā€™m afraid Jane might hog that episode as well.

2 Likes

I think it was mainly because sheā€™s still learning her powers and does really know how to use them yet.

1 Like

Sheā€™s had her powers since 1955. Donā€™t you think she would have used them even a little bit before then? I want to see her go full Plastic Man. That would be cool!

2 Likes

I was about to say that (youā€™re quick!). I think Rita only used ā€˜stretchyā€™ once in Season 1 and Season 2 went to Vic for advise and while she practiced she still had issues controlling that part of her powers.

2 Likes

At the time the show starts in modern day the only power she used was to keep her face/body the same (to not become goopy). With all these characters they never practiced living with their powers like Larry didnā€™t for decades. Itā€™s what kinda makes them broken and weā€™re seeing their journey through the series to become more ā€˜fullā€™.

2 Likes

Throughout that time I think she saw it more as a curse so she never wanted to do anything with them until as seen throughout the show sheā€™s seeing the benefit of them and starting to do more.

That definitely would be awesomeā„¢:+1:. I have a feeling this season theyā€™re definitely going to do more power wise with her if her story keeps going in the direction itā€™s been going.

2 Likes

On another topic, do you know if any of the Doom Patrol cast have attended in person comic cons? Iā€™m planning to go to the Los Angeles one in December, but the guest list is currently pretty slim.

3 Likes

Having these discussions do get me interested on seeing where Ritaā€™s arc will lead into becoming a confident Superhero. (The Bee Keeper thing is something I do remember lol)

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure. I think so. Donā€™t know about this year since thereā€™s FanDome so close to it. But maybe.
Also awesomeā„¢:+1: your going. Wish I was able to :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Meeting April Bowlby in person would beā€¦would beā€¦(faints).

4 Likes

yeah doom patrol is back thatā€™s good day everyone who love this show

3 Likes