Doom Patrol Season 3 Discussion (Warning: Here There Be Spoilers)

And maybe a kiss (sigh!). :kissing_closed_eyes: I wouldn’t wash my cheek for a whole month after that!

4 Likes

“1917 Patrol” was very interesting.

Like @NanoDeVice I have to wonder if FuzzyRimJob42 is The Brain or Monsieur Mallah. I think it’s entirely possible that they could have lived to the present day. The Brain could effectively be immortal as long as his container isn’t damaged. And who’s to say how long intelligent, French gorillas live? I really do hope they have survived or at least have access to a time machine, as I would like to see the Brotherhood of Evil face off against the current Doom Patrol.

It was interesting seeing The Sisterhood in 1917, and I happy to see Agent “!”. I wonder why he wasn’t with them in the present. Was he killed at some point? Again, like NanoDeVice, I find it interesting that Rita was able to naturally use her powers after she’d lost her memory. It kind of confirms a theory I have had about Rita and her powers, that it was her low self esteem and anxiety that kept her from mastering them.

It seems as if Cliff has become addicted to online gambling! Honestly, for all Cliff talking about becoming a better person, he doesn’t seem to be doing very well at it!

Love seeing Kate getting to go out in the world, even if some of the other alters did not approve. I just hope they aren’t plotting to get back at Jane, although I have to think they are.

Anyway, I am looking forward to next week!

4 Likes

E6

Very cool episode

The gang is doing what they do. Cliff dealing with his stuff not well but he seems to be trying it still struggling. Fun stuff wi Rh him though :laughing:.

Cyborg an a path to self discover and his looking to look human.

Larry great scene with his son and now things seem to be going sideways.

Jane letting Kay out was nice. But the personifies a sacred. I think it’s because they’ll be gone if she heals. :thinking:

Rita on a time travel adventure. Very cool seeing the dada’s backstory. And all the fun they had :joy:.

Can Rita get back home? What will happen with Kay? Will Robotman win it all? All this and more Same Doom Time Same Doom Channel.

4 Likes

Interesting. Didn’t put that together :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Just finished DC Fandome and heard the good news about Doom Patrol:

Season 4 is comin,’ babeeee!!! (Best Dick Vitale impression)

7 Likes

Hearing confirmation of *Doom Patrol * Season 4 was actually my favorite part of DC Fandome!

7 Likes

So thankful we are getting a season 4!

6 Likes

If that’s not enough, the Doom Patrol is coming back to Teen Titans Go in November.

4 Likes

As a follow up, could someone please tell me how Rita manages to be so gorgeous in live action AND animation?:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

April Bowlby has this timeless look about her.

5 Likes

She sure does. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

S3 Ep7 thoughts:

Did anyone else think of Silkie from Teen Titans when Larry threw up the worm?

Silkie_Render

Shocked that Rita was with the SoD this whole time. I just assumed she’d use the machine to travel back to the present at some point but wow! :scream:

Edit: Unless there’s more to the story and they all time-travelled to the present where Laura would be or they’re just all immortal like the DP crew. I don’t remember the time-span of the past scenes.

BTW really cool easter egg/connection to Season 1 is that Wally Sage, the guy Laura enlisted who can bring drawings to life is mentioned by Jane to Flex Mentallo as his creator. S1EP13 Flex Patrol around the 16:08 minute mark.

Great episode (again!)

5 Likes

This was another wild episode. Out of the villains they have faced in the past three seasons, I think the Sisterhood of Dada may be my favorite. It looks like the Brotherhood of Evil might appear next episode, which does make me happy! Curious about what Larry threw up. I was thinking he might be carrying a baby energy being. Of course, it might still be a baby energy being. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see! Cliff just seems to be getting worse and worse. I really hope he can get his act together. Jane seems to be having trouble with the Underground, as usual. I am glad Rita is getting quite a bit to do this season. Very sad about what happened to Malcolm.

6 Likes

E7

Great and weird episode.

The team still dealing with there issues. Jane and the personalities still disagreeing with what to do with Kay. Poor Kay getting her bike stolen.

Cliff still gambling and spending the teams stuff. But trying to be a good gramps.

Larry birth a larva. Very interesting. And fun when he kept giving it stuff.

Vic dealing with getting skin but a decision lead to a hard phone call.

Laura betrayed the Dada. So maybe that’s why she used the time machine. To warn of the plan. And Rita’s been with them the whole time. Crazy. And the end and even bigger twist. Just keeps getting crazier.

Is this the end of the team? What the real plan of Dada? Where did Laura go? All this and more Same Doomed Time Same Doomed Channel

4 Likes

Next week is gonna be interesting.

Also, Rita at the end…never thought I’d see her like that. Living in the past and facing that kind of betrayal, it changed her whole personality. Kudos to April Bowlby!

6 Likes

So, do you think we’ll get a Rita-Laura showdown soon? Also, I learned a couple of things: Never trust Cliff with your credit card and Sweet City Woman by The Stampeders is one of the most awesome songs ever (okay, I already knew that last thing).

Seriously, we need to see Rita use her powers to kick a little butt!

4 Likes

So, what about her movie career? Does this erase all that out of existence?

4 Likes

Nope, the way I’m thinking there’s just two Rita’s alive around the same time in the past (Future Rita and Past Rita).

She doesn’t replace Past Rita so nothing would be erased since it’s just Rita time travelling to the past and continuing to live until revealing herself to Laura with the Sisterhood of Dada in the present.

5 Likes

Two Ritas? How cool is that?

6 Likes

We all know that Doom Patrol is ending this season in a few weeks. But that doesn’t mean the discussion of episodes should be over with. Next month, Teen Titans Go will be having a Doom Patrol Thanksgiving Special. Beast Boy will be visiting over the holidays and they’ll be working on a float for the local parade. Think we could discuss that episode? Let’s just call it Doom Patrol episode 10.5.

5 Likes