Doom Patrol S2

I’m not really complaining but rather find it odd. That it looks like they’ll be releasing 3 episodes a week?? Or just the first week? And only 9 episodes? I’d rather have once a week & only 9 episodes?? Kinda smelling something fishy going on here. Are they going to have any other seasons or is this it? I guess only time will tell!!?? :negativeman_dp: :rita_dp: :robotman_dp: :chief_dp: :crazyjane_dp: :cyborg_dp: Still excited!!

1 Like

Young Justice Outsiders did the same thing for like half it’s run (multiple episodes a week) and we’re getting another season of that. There’s nothing fishy to worry about. Doom Patrol’s their most critically acclaimed show and maybe because HBO Max also picked it up they wanted to do something unique with Season 2’s premiere. It’s definitely eye-catching and makes me more excited for this week than I had been before.

2 Likes

Doom Patrol is easily their most successful show commercially and critically. If Titans is getting a season 3, then Doom Patrol will have one. I think the nine episodes has moreso to do with budget. It allows the showrunners to put more money per episode. Meaning better visual effects, costuming, sets, etc. I also think Season 1 was a little drawn out over 15 episodes at an hour each. This allows for a better paced story in my opinion at least.

2 Likes

I too was worried when I only saw 9 episodes but as long as they tell a good story and there was no issues in the background (like big script changes or business issues swamp thing flashbacks) then it should still be good stuff. I read some of the Dorothy stories in the comics and it makes sense why this wouldn’t be that long of a story arc. Rather good story telling than added fluff.

I am excited. Just bought shirts from the shop for my buddy and I cause we are amped! :robotmanscrap_dp: :crazyjane_dp: :cyborg_dp: :negativeman_dp: :rita_dp: :chief_dp:

1 Like

AGREED!!! To all comments!!

Here’s some interesting news from Dorothy Spinner herself:

https://news.yahoo.com/doom-patrol-actress-says-season-235108986.html

I doubt they’re going to waste so much footage that’s already been shot. Does this indicate a season three with that particular episode as the opener?

It could, I don’t see why not. If they already have almost the whole episode done…hmm it’ll be interesting to see. I heard major movies are going to start filming in August again so maybe they can finish it up and get it out before or have it as their s3e1 opener leading into season 3??. Time will tell!!

1 Like