Doom Patrol S2, E1 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

A little Easter egg: Dorothy is wearing silver shoes. In the Oz books, the slippers were silver. This might be a hint there’s something special about the shoes.

3 Likes

:joy: true

2 Likes

Love it !.I.enjoyed last season( love the shout out to other movies and shows that I imagine inspires the writers ) Plus the :notes: music is so perfect for the show ! Ok going on to 2I nd episode !.great for LGBT month and pandemic ! Stay safe and calm folks

3 Likes

There is no place home glad you see this also though Dorothy shoes was Ruby Red !.

1 Like

Dorothy’s shoes were ruby red in the movie only, because the producers thought it looked better. They were always silver in the Oz books.

5 Likes

Worth the wait. It feels like coming home. I didn’t realize just how badly I missed this show until it was back. That’s all I have to say about that.

3 Likes

I absolutely enjoyed the show! I liked seeing the portrayal of the backstory of Dorothy. Larry’s treatment of his son was a bit jarring, but his reading of the obituary was sad. I love that Rita is growing as a character!

2 Likes

Great start for season 2! It’s a bit of a leap to believe Larry has never checked up on (or at least Googled) his children, but I’ll chalk it up to his self loathing and refusal to examine his past prior to the events of season 1. Besides, he makes tiny little pancakes so all is forgiven!

5 Likes

I ADORE Doom Patrol, I’m cringing at the idea of migrating to the more expensive HBO Max however. But that aside, I’m SO hooked on Season Two, but this time I AM attempting patience and self-control about binging the first 3 episodes. ATTEMPTING IT.

As much as I love the original opening theme (who DOES the opening theme, btw?) however, a part of me thinks the more light-hearted but meaningful “People Like Us” should have at least instrumentally been a good choice too. (Bloody hell! JUST found that on Spotify, wicked!)

2 Likes

It was nice to see Cliff actually feed the rats at the end. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was it? Because now they’re gonna have a house completely infested with rats!!

4 Likes

Eh, true.

1 Like

Well you don’t have to for a while unless you really want Green Lantern. Me personally I’ll continue supporting DCU until they discontinue it

2 Likes

With regard to the Larry family drama, am I the only one who failed to see how that was a big deal?? He only wanted to make the airplane model more accurate so his son understood it correctly, and suddenly it’s “wow he’s such a terrible father”. The whole thing was such ridiculous and forced drama. He even offered to spend quality time to build it together with his son.

3 Likes

Great start to season 2. I can’t believe that Larry went through all that to make tiny pancakes for the rest of the group. I wonder what will become of Mr. Nobody and the Beard Hunter now that Willoughby has them. Crazy how Cliff went from punching the rats to wearing them.

2 Likes

Yes because they wanted to use Technicolor!.for the movie !. Also there is few more Oz factors !

1 Like

DCU’s best show is back.

1 Like

I did not realize the Ringmaster at the beginning was played by Mark Ashworth who also plays Justin the Janitor on Stargirl!

https://twitter.com/MrMarkAshworth/status/1276943026594680834?s=20

3 Likes

Good catch!

2 Likes

love this show [×]