Doom Patrol... Lack of Aging

So Jane has to be like 65+ years old

I think it’s been explained well above… Which brings me to beast boy in titans 4. He is not yet in doom patrol this season(maybe at the end?). I think this might just explain that the doom patrol in titans episode 4 might just be the doom patrol a little while after the end of this season… Maybe.

For Larry, he says radiation has its perks, Chief is implied to be immortal, Cliff is a brain in a robot body, and Rita chooses her shape.

By the way slightly off the main point, but who is 100 years old? We don’t know when The Cheif was born or when he met Rita. So as far as we have seen Rita is the oldest. But if she was in her 20’s in the 1950’s that would make her in her 80’s or 90’s now, which is WAY older then she looks but not 100 years old. Again doesn’t change the main point, but wondering if I missed someone.

Ok wait, I just forgot we did see when Rita met The Cheif and given the Cheif’s age compared to Rita, even if that was in the 60’s it would probably make him over 100 years old. So disregard my last post, sadly I can’t edit it.

Diet and exercise?

I am lost. Why don’t the Doom Patrol characters age? I’ve seen Rita in the 1950s, Larry in the 1960s, Jane in the 1970s, and well the Chief he’s been shown in various decades.

I know Robot Man is self explanatory. He’ll never age since well he’s a Robot with the human brain intact.

Does anyone know why the others don’t age? Did Chief do something to keep himself and the others young? Or is it the abilities of Jane, Rita and Larry keeping them young?

2 Likes

It is a oft asked question here. We can only wait to see if the show will explain it.

1 Like

Hair Patrol appears to be laying the ground work towards an explanation to this question.

6 Likes

Yeah, this episode really seems to show that the Chief has been doing some pretty shady stuff on a quest for immortality.

3 Likes

I assume Rita doesn’t age because her body is basically silly putty.

Larry… it’s likely the Negative Spirit is ‘preserving’ him by being in his body. It protects him from extreme heat and cold, so it’s a possibility that it’s protecting him from decay, as well.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if General Immortus shows up in an episode somewhere along the way … perhaps he holds some answers? Or maybe not…he didn’t look like he’d found any fountain of youth in the comics (albeit he was still “alive”). Maybe that guy in Paraguay with the puppets was an aside to Immortus without calling him out by name?

I don’t know why they don’t age, but I like the period flashbacks, so it works for me.

Is penultimate patrol Cheif reveals he made all the experiments happen for immortality, I get Cyborg, Robotman, Negative, and kinda Rita but how Crazy Jane? Could one explain?

2 Likes

Do we know HOW any of them were made immortal? I think it has to do with the neanderthal woman, and the specifics of that are still a mystery.

1 Like

I think they are just going with suspended animation, similar to aging in comics, maybe?