Doom patrol go was garbage idea

The ending of Teen Titans sure seems like the reason for hating Teen Titans Go! And it’s a massive shame. Both shows could exist and it’s understandable to be upset, but Teen Titans Go! Is excellent. It brings in young viewers like my daughter in DC cartoons whom couldn’t care less about any other superhero shows while being a well informed spoof of Teen Titans, all things superhero AND of it’s fans and haters. It’s really great stuff and it’s a huge shame mob mentality cannot see what’s great about it. I have the same feelings about Snyder’s movies. MoS, BvS and his portions of JL are excellent movies done with an enormous love for the material but mob mentality has torn them down because they took a different approach than what Marvel Studios did. This mob mentality now extends to anything with the D.C. Logo (in the theaters) and have an uphill battle when it comes to critic and viewer reviews purely because it’s hip and cool to hate the D.C. Logo. Thanks Aquaman for example. A billion dollars and it gets terrible to mediocre reviews. I can’t imagine it made that much money but people didn’t enjoy it.

I didn’t know Aquaman got mediocre reviews, most fans I talked to really like it, but may just be who I talk to.

I agree, I only saw bits and pieces of Teen Titans Go! but I am over haters. It’s made for kids, we aren’t the demo for it, if kids like it it’s a success. We don’t dictate everyone’s opinion on something just because we are “the real fans”.

I still say Teen Titans Go! is not just for kids. All the references to DC comics history, the way they handle Robin’s psychosis and fears of not being worthwhile, the way they make fun of the fact that people don’t like the show, etc are not just for kids. Great show.

1 Like

Some people do like teen titans go, I’m one of them. If u don’t I get it but how hard is it to ignore a minute of episode 12?

I watch Teen Titans Go with my youngest grandson when I have to babysit him. It’s a very good show for young kids. I wouldn’t mind if they did a one shot movie here on the service to wrap up the unfinished Teen Titans storyline.

1 Like

I love TTG and thought Doom Patrol Go was alot of fun.

3 Likes

40/40/20 is the best.
The Night Begins to Shine!

I was initially a TTGo hater. Yes, I can admit it. I think there was some irrational part of me that felt like Young Justice had been canceled in order to make room for a comedy show and it made me approach TTGo with brutal negativity.

But once it was announced that YJ was coming back, I gave TTGo a try. You have to be in the right kind of mood (i. e: silly), but the comedy actually works. They have the characters and timing down and the situations - while ridiculous - end up being amusing if you allow yourself to enjoy them.

The Night Begins to Shine was what finally won me over. I even went to see Teen Titans Go To The Movies in the theatre. I’m now a fan.

Eh, TTG isn’t really my thing. Don’t fault anyone into it – in fact, I think it’s a sign of a healthy medium in terms of cartoon adaptations that there’s now shows that isn’t for everyone and does different things.

Maybe the Doom Patrol Go thing lasted a little too long and beat the joke like a dead horse (that’s honestly my number one complaint for TTG), but I think it worked as a further part of Gar’s fever dream.