Doom Patrol Ep. #8 "Danny Patrol" Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

This show is the reason to purchase a sub to DC Universe

7 Likes

Powerful episode.

Where do I nominate shows for an Emmy?

7 Likes

So much to take in in this episode. Favorite so far, like so many others. Didn’t know Bomer had such a great voice, but I’ve loved him since Chuck. There were many sad moments in the episode, but the saddest was the realization that Larry wanted to perform but feeling like a monster he could not. I also love the tease of the conductor in Jane’s head. I really like the idea of the conductor of the personalities and hoped they would go inside her head like they do in the comic. Looks like next week may in fact be that story.

6 Likes

Great episode! Love the karaoke scene

3 Likes

Best episode of the seaspn so far and it definitely has competition with each passing episode. I think the best part is the karaoke which felt both cathartic and sad because it shows how both cliff and larry are still very much human underneath it all and ends so sadly for Larry. This is especially important considering for the most part Larry’s story is the closest to peaking and this gave it the right push but still allows it room to finish.Cliff continues to be my favorite for both being voiced by the great Brendan fraser and for always speaking the closest to the audience thinking dialogue but him showing karen that she needs someone like cliff to keep jane from going over the deep end really solidifies why he is the team heart

4 Likes

Loved it, Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the season so far. I loved seeing more of Larry and that twisted Bureau of Normalcy. Excited to see where this season takes us and to find out if that painting of Vic is coming true. Grid already showed it can overstep boundaries real fast and without Vics consent; So curious to see where his story leads. I’d love to see him and Beast Boy together so send him over to Titans, ok cool, thanks :wink:

6 Likes

Basically two episodes in one - Only Danny’s parts and appearance in it was exciting and worth watching. The other parts… meh.

1 Like

But I do want to add this is the most exciting visual entertainment I have seen in years.

4 Likes

Morrison was fun. Karen is THE WORST!

Great episode, as usual :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really love the show. Every time I see a new episode I’m surprised at how good the writing and creativity are.

5 Likes

Actual tears this episode. Matt Boner is incredible.

6 Likes

I want to know where I can get a “I am a Dannykin” t-shirt!

4 Likes

The entire Karen/Doug thing was hilarious

6 Likes

Finally got to watching this episode. Loved what they did with Danny the Street, I thought it was hilarious. I’m really enjoying the character development Larry and Jane are getting, I’m so excited for next Friday!

4 Likes

LOVED this episode! Can’t believe the characters went to a drag club! It was great to see a fun side to Larry- even if it was just in his head. DCUniverse forever has my subscription now.

8 Likes

So… the comic that Danny gave Cyborg was My Greatest Adventure #51 (the Doom Patrol made their first appearance in My Greatest Adventure #80). My Greatest Adventure #51 features three stories: “We Unleashed the Demon of the Dungeon,” “I Made a Deal with Doom,” and “We Defied the Beasts of the Witch Doctor.”

“We Unleashed the Demon of the Dungeon” focuses on two hunters who discover an alien who was trapped in a medieval dungeon. The alien was forced to build advanced space weapons for a man pretending to be a sorcerer. “I Made a Deal With Doom” is about a man who pays $100,000 for two pills that give him super powers. He eventually discovers the pills have a side-effect of making him shrink. “We Defied the Beasts of the Witch Doctor” follows Dr. Roland Nye and his assistant Carl as they journey into the jungles of Africa on mules and discover fantastic monsters. It turns out that they are all the same shape-shifting creature.

What do these stories have to do with saving The Chief? Probably nothing. The comic was probably just a prop. I did think it was funny that both Mr. Nobody and the dude in the “I Made a Deal With Doom” story paid a fortune to buy super powers. I also saw some similarities between Dr. Roland Nye and Niles Caulder. Probably just coincidences… but still funny.

Great episode! Love the show. Can’t wait to get into Jane’s head next week.

5 Likes

I am simultaneously watching this show and reading Grant Morrison’s run. The issue where Cliff gets in Jane’s head is one of my favorite issues ever. Jane is my favorite character in the team overall, and the fact that they’re adapting that story is just amazing. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Sick and tire of Jane’s hypocrisy it’s so dang annoying and toxic

This episode NEEDS to be played in high schools such an amazing example of self acceptance.

4 Likes

I can’t get the song out of my head.

3 Likes