Doom Patrol Ep. #6 Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

So, at the end, did cyborg lift the thumb drive from his father’s pocket, or did his dad give it to him?

1. In regards to the"Principal" I feel like it was Tempest from the comics. His name was Joshua, Doctor, and hates using his powers.
  2. Those that are more sensitive to Jane please look up my thread Thoughts on Crazy Jane Part 2: Support Group…there is a method to my madness…if you go you will see why it can use some love. It dives into some heavy Jane shit.
1 Like

And lastly Hammerhead has a point to those guys thinking she is an ass. How the f*ck would you like it when no one tries to understand you and only likes you when you are this completely different person. Penny said it best they all have feelings. Treating one like shit because they prefer the other. I would be pissed as well. Like you don’t like me? What is wrong with me?

1 Like

God I am loving this show! Great eps. it was a little sad though. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, she slapped the plate out of Cliff’s hands because he brought “Baby Doll’s favorite” and as she already explained to him, they’re not a menu. You don’t get to request the personality you want to talk to.

6 Likes

I was a little sad when Dorothy didn’t show up on this episode. I can only hope she appears before the end of the season.

3 Likes

Doom patrol puts any tv or Netflix shows marvel or dc to shame

5 Likes

almost every episode eclipses the other and manage to surprise me.

3 Likes

This episode was… what’s the word… Horribly shocking, in a good way!

3 Likes

The way they warp coninuity is a glorious thing. But confusing. How long has the Justice League been in existence in this continuity? Cyborg refers to them by their old moniker :“the Justice League of America” but when has anybody used the “of America” part in this century? What’s wrong with Perry Como though that he would drive people insane? Katy Perry, maybe.

1 Like

Who’s guy in the old doom patrol house what’s his power

There making stargirl show and she’s JLA

1 Like

I love how special effects in the 21st century has caught up with fantasy and Sci-fy, but in Doom Patrol, they make Robotman’s robot body more antiquated and clunky than the original Robinson Family’s robot.

Animal/mineral/dinosaur man, laughed so hard, had to rewind several times. That’s what i love about this show all the contradictions: humor vs some very serious subjects, (mental health, torture, etc.) and retro effects/costumes/storylines vs current/modern ones.

However please no more teens!!! The last episode with the kid that had the book written over his body. A few moments after he is rescued and immediately the whining, “it’s my fault everyone is going to die.” If I had a dollar for every time Raven said that same exact thing in the Titans, I’d be rich!! Vic and Crazy Jane (is she a teen? …or at least one her incarnations is) both go out there and kick butt! Nothing is more boring or life-sucking than a whiney adolescent.

2 Likes

@padams Agreed! The ebb and flow of time and some continuity is really well done…it gives the entire series a very timeless feel.

I am…stunned and floored how consistent this show has been. The deep DEEP characterization is so commendable I’m actully surprised that you’ve gone so deep into it. I enjoyed Titans, but THIS is what Titans lacked. Yes we have action scenes, but it’s all so focused on the character’s personal flaws and development, it’s like watching a biopic. I can’t express the amount of quality that this show has reached. I watch Star Trek Discovery as well…and that show looks gorgeous, and it has It’s merits, but Doom Patrol aces character development and personal moments. And they have mastered the art of the bittersweet ending…

4 Likes

I have a question

How are the members of the doom patrol able to appear like they have not aged in almost 70 years?

What is keeping them alive and ageless?

1 Like

The Doom Patrol character development is great, but I want to see more wham bang fight action.

3 Likes

The character development os good… especially Cliff and Rita’s, but I long for more wham, bam superhero vs. super villain action.

3 Likes

Titans had character flaws and development of those flaws.

1 Like

Hmmm. The members of the Doom Patrol appear to be more immortal-- or maybe super-beings in general are immortal, existing a little bit out of time like, maybe some sort of comic book character-- Barry Allen has been zipping from page to page since 1956, after all. But when three of the Patrol had their immortality taken away by Mister Nobody, they got warded off to an older folks home, and a strange illusion parodying the X- the X- some strange force isn’t letting me finish that sentence! Could it be the Chief is feeding off the others immortality to keep himself alive decades longer, and thus Mento, Arani, and Rhea became useless to him? Could it be more nightmarish than that? Could it really have been Niles who stole said trio’s immortality, and that he intended Jane to be next, explaining her having a room at the ‘school?’

3 Likes

What a heartbreaking episode. Doom Patrol has been interesting and fun since it started. But this episode was more a mystery that had a emotionally shattering ending. This episode was very eye opening since it makes me question the Chief more. Jane is the best character in this series. Negative Man is interesting. Rita is becoming redeeming. Cyborg is transforming into his own man. Cliff is Cliff :joy:.

7 Likes