Doom Patrol Ep. #5 "Paw Patrol" Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

I dont think that the manor is on Danny the Street. It was in the b.v Titans episode, but we all know by now they aren’t the same continuity.
And they’ve announced DTS to appear at some point in the series, and I think if Doom Manor were on DTS we would have seen them by now.

I didn’t know that this was not in the same continuity as Doom Patrol. Guess Cyborg won’t be joining Titans.

As for the episode, Ezekiel the cockroach’s bit with the rat was amazing. I could not stop re-watching it (well guess I could, since I obviously am not watching it right now. But damn it was hard). “Of course they will have cheese in the afterlife!”. That character steals the show every time he is in, I hope the next end of the world is not far off.

As for the rest of the episode. Loved getting more of Jane’s backstory and seriously, the actress who played her is amazing. She really does sell it as being a different character every time. Not an easy role I would assume (although probably a fun one) but an impressive performance. Made even more impressive by the fact unless I am mistaken (I don’t read Doom Patrol comics I am ashamed to say), all of the personalities she has shown so far are lifted from the comics. So it isn’t like the writers are specifically setting up characters for that actress in particular. Seriously, I am in awe of how good she is.

The rest was great, Rita’s arc this two parter was so well dome and made me love Rita. If you didn’t feel for her when the book disappeared and she almost broke down you have no soul.

Like others have said I am baffled by how Jane doesn’t look any older since she would be older (or the same age) as Robotman now. Cliff, Rita and Larry given their powers I can see why they would not be physically older. But no obvious reason for Jane to not look older. Given this show I would not be shocked if they are not doing that on purpouse just to add to the surrealism, but hope there is an answer coming.

But in closing a great episode and great part 2. This show gets better and better.

2 Likes

I know I don’t know anything about doom patrol and only know elasta-girl from incradibles but I’m not liking the blob form of Rita it honestly is not something I wanna see but I’m enjoying the show its different and I like it

@Pumpkinking Rita only transform into a blob if she stresses out alot it’s not like her super move or something.

1 Like

Who knew Timothy Dalton could do a funny barf?

I’m very sure there won’t be anything called “Dada” on here mainly because: Dadaism is now historic, not a current thing like it still was in the late '80s. They’ll replace “Dada” with something else that is current as a belief system but equally absurd is my theory.

The Dada movement started in the early 1900’s not the 80’s… https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dada

1 Like
  1. I think only one is original for the show
  2. As far as I know they are in the same Universe as Titans. There was an Article Cyborg saw when he was introduced about the Superboy/Krypto rampage after the End Credit scene of Titans. Robotman was never around when Jane was around before the show apparently and in the Time Line jumps in the First Episode we see 2018 which was the Year Beast Boy left and like hey it’s 2019. Lastly Chief was Red Conned for some reason and this one could do it for the Series.
  3. From what I gathered was the first set of Jane flashbacks was setting it up to see this happens to her alot. Here she gets her powers when Mr. Nobody was looking for a way with his omniscience of a Jane they could use. The Doctor spread the Religion during her time in and out of the hospitals at least if not the same trip. At the end the guys in charge got smart so they would not be mind controlled by The Doctor. It showed Chief breaking her out…but I do know I could be wrong I think Chief has met some of the others and she comes and goes and doesn’t always stay so that could count for her getting locked up and when he saved her that time he met the Doctor for the first time. And Mr. Nobody wasn’t done with her because he wanted to implant that “What the F*ck is the Doom Patrol?” Moment our time.
    Everyone caught up?
1 Like

The Danny the Street Theory… I just don’t know to much on that to comment. I read up on the main characters though before I started the comics.

1 Like

How do we leave links? I want to promote my new Jane discussion because I actually want to get more deep discussion with those talking points. @KittyKrawler?

1 Like

Toolshed please noe I did not state that Dadaism started in the eighties… I said it was still around in the 80s

Just copy and then paste the link into the text of what you’re typing

But how do you get link for these threads I have looked many times. I don’t understand how people do it.

@RedAlice365 Unfortunately link-sharing isn’t the easiest on mobile devices. On a computer however, you simply copy and paste the URL from the address bar into your post.

Also, feel free to add to the Crazy Jane BTM discussion, if you would like to talk more about Jane. I would love to continue the conversation!

I’ll go ahead and bump it for you! :blush:

1 Like

@DanTheManOne1
This past episode had me loving the Jane character even more! Her lines are thought-provoking and absolute perfection.
The personalities shown are all from the comics… except I think Silver-Tongue is new… :thinking:

2 Likes

@KittyKrawler Jane BTM? I don’t know what that is.

Oh behind the mask. I do. This is a specific purpose. If I could show you maybe you can help show it some love as well.

It’s Called Thoughts on Jane Part 2: Support Group

1 Like

I loved the staring contest bit! Hahahaha! More Jane is always a good thing! We need more Silver Tongue! Mr. Nobody is one of my favorite characters! Another great show!

3 Likes

Viva La Marilyn! She was the best!

4 Likes