Doom Patrol Ep. #2 Reaction Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

I usually hate 4th wallbreaking but it didn’t ruin anything here. It was actually interesting and am just glad it wasn’t a constant thing through out the episode

5 Likes

Some people are shipping Cliff and Jane but I think Cliff sees her as a daughter or friend

6 Likes

Frankly I am surprised at how good it is. Between the CW shows, Black Lightning, Netflix’s Marvel, the Gifted, and the show on Hulu, the one where the kids’ parents are villains and the guy has the gloves and the girl is an alien and the other girl has a pet dragon, between all those shows, Superhero TV is really pretty choked. Frankly the gifted just blows and all the Netflix shows pretty much needed to be cancelled. The CW shows are generally too corny for me. I am kind of only into Cloak and Dagger and these two DC Universe TV shows, Titans and Doom Patrol, at this point. And that surprises me, because you would think that after all the shows I would get tired of everything new. But actually these newer shows are the only ones I can get into.

The Doom Patrol really is unique. It really is like the same basic premise as the X-Men, misfit unacceptably heroes, but different in just about every other way possible. Frankly it’s just surprisingly good. The weirdness and the moral behind the stories is really unique.

Oh, wait, I forgot Legion. Okay, so Cloak and Dagger, Legion, Doom Patrol, and Titans are the only superhero shows I can really take at this point.

5 Likes

My favorite part of the show is by far Jane, her powers being shown off were just great to me. Oddly enough I loved the scene with silver tongue over her electric and Katie counterpart, it was weird and brought an old dumb comic power to life and made it a very cool concept. How she is like a daughter to the group is awesome to me and when you realize she just wants to feel safe was one of the best moments. I think her blunt actions with hammerhead are strong and really just satisfying. Even when she hurts the others feelings in the process. I hope we get to see a personality with powers that can rival negative man’s. (I’m not good with remembering their names)

3 Likes

The only downside of this show so far is Cyborg. Not a fan of this version of Cyborg. Still love the uniqueness of the show.

I get issues some may have with cyborg but he’s actually better I expected. As a character, his story arc and performance

3 Likes

I’m really impressed with how they were able to bring in Cyborg without making him feel repetitive to Robotman. Super happy they seem to have ditched his New 52 origin, too. My one complaint regarding him would be his costume. The cybernetic parts combined with the track suit just feels odd. Hopefully he gets some variety as the show goes on.

These first two episodes have done a great job of establishing this group of misfits, and I can’t wait to see where this show goes.

4 Likes

Another brilliant episode.

I’m so happy with how the main characters are portrayed in this show, with their nascent heroism fighting through overwhelming human foibles. There’s so much depth, so much emotion written into the scripts and then the actors are given the freedom to just tee off on 'em. The writers even answered all of my Cyborg concerns right off the bat.

Love the Grant Morrison and Justice League shoutouts.

7 Likes

Just want to say I don’t like the look of this Cyborg but the actor plays him will. Think he is going to be better than the Justice League’s Cyborg

1 Like

My review on episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkf4OZCCqj0

1 Like

Doom Patrol certainly is different. Never read any of the comics myself. But, not too bad. Just odd. And wish we could do with less cussing, just personal preferance.

Absolutely love Doom Patrol so far. Leading to a classic ending of the comic with the team going down? I can dig it. Can understand if people are a little cautious of cyborg but I think he’s well done. Seriously, keep this train rolling

4 Likes

My favorite part -

"Who are you talking to!?

Grant Morrison fans, Reddit trolls with DC subscriptions, and 3 new fans who stuck around after the donkey fart"

I ****ing love it!!!

10 Likes

great so far, and way more faithful to the comics than I really thought was possible. I still gotta say, the negative being inside of larry is kinda weird to me, because I can’t really think of any motivation it may have, and its bus station antics came off as just a cheapo laugh moment and a way to handwave an explanation as to why larry doesn’t just dip into the mountains to never be seen again.

So, what do people think the likelihood of seeing Danny the Street in this at any point is, or space case and Flex Mentalo for that matter?

2 Likes

Also, silas stone has an awfully low opinion of physically deformed metahumans for someone who had to rebuild his own son in a laboratory with cybernetic parts after that son accidentally blew himself as his mother to shit. I mean the only real difference between vic and cliff is Silas’s budget was bigger than Niles’s

2 Likes

This show keeps getting better and better, the casting is incredible, and I’m hanging on to every second. Excited for next week!

6 Likes

I think Silas’s issue is that the Doom Patrol people aren’t putting themselves out there and saving people like he’s pushed his son to do. They’ve just been sitting around for decades, and the one time they ventured out the town got destroyed. Silas sees a lot of potential in store for his son, and doesn’t want him to hang around with a bunch of weird non-heroes. They’re shooting for the Justice League, not the Donkey Patrol.

2 Likes

Cyborg Vic Stone was the best part of the show

3 Likes

Loved episode 2!! Mr. Nobody is a really good antagonist right now. This version of Cyborg is pretty cool so far. Loved how he came in and started to instantly feel like a leader to DP. Ep 3 looks hilarious!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I see what you mean with silas ijest, but I still feel its kinda hypocritical of him, which is I assume exactly what they were going for. Also, I usually really straight up hate characters like jane, but in this I really love her and have almost no idea why.

1 Like