Doom Patrol Ep. #12 “Cyborg Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

The ending of this episode has definitely shifted things in a very dramatic way!!!

My Review of the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5A-MEC6cG8

1 Like

The ending of this episode has definitely shifted things in a very dramatic way!!!

My Review of the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5A-MEC6cG8

1 Like

Wow dark. But the most interesting thing done with Cy since the cartoon.

Was that supposed to be Joker and Harley in the great escape?

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Was Silas dead or just really messed up? If the former, poor Vic!

4 Likes

Hands down the best episode so far!!! Butts with teeth🤣, The gang working as a full on team👍🏻, Some questions seemingly answered.

I do pray Silas isn’t dead, poor Vic will have killed both parents :astonished:.

5 Likes

Why have we not gotten word of a season 2 yet? They approved Titans before the 1st episode aired and its nowhere near this good yet.

7 Likes

In SCP terms, the Big Butts are Keter-class.

I had hoped that we’d have the Brotherhood of Dada. They always put a smile on Danny’s eek.

4 Likes

FLEX FLEX FLEX FLEX FLEX FLEX!!! I’m so stoked for the next episode.

5 Likes

1 Like

@OverSizedGeek I thought we had gotten a season 2 conformation, maybe I am wrong.

But as for the episode… It was great as always. I had a feeling the Doom Patrol getting captured was part of the plan, but they did a good job making me think Cyborg’s father might have turned on them.

The scene with Cliff and the scientist was hilarious as always. Brendon Fraiser really does amazing in this role. I said it before but I stand by it, this is the role he was born to play. And also loved Cliff defending the human brain, he truly has stopped seeing himself as a monster.

I liked Rita in this one, and I loved her genuine outrage at the scientist tearing down Cliff, shows how much she truly has grown since the show started when she really did think mostly of herself. And how close she has become to the team. Larry also while I knew narratively there was no way even this show would have him leave the energy being behind.

This episode as a whole really showed the character growth with Cliff, Rita and Larry and showcased how well this show has slowly showed them changing.

And the butts… only this show 13 episodes in could make something like that work, especially right before it all comes crashing down into such a serious ending.

And about that, I knew something was up when Cyborg’s systen said his dad was being insincere since we saw the plan was happening, but didn’t expect what we got at all. Totally thrown to find out how Mr. Nobody was behind it, that was a great twist.

The only thing bad is the same thing I have felt for a few weeks now, knowing this season is almost over. Seriously, I can’t say this enough Doom Patrol is such a great show.

8 Likes

With a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, DC is well aware that they have a major hit on their hands. This is far and away the best superhero story ever.

I especially admire the non-Morrison plot, not slavishly following that legendary run, which I bought issue by issue.

I’m 70 years old, superheroes are massively popular, and DC is going the right direction with the upcoming Swamp Thing :heart_eyes:. Life is good.

19 Likes

Just a quick question. Mr Nobody was manipulating Cyborg from the moment Grid went offline right? Or was Nobody just controlling what Victor was seeing in this episode alone?

5 Likes

This show is amazing. The ending of this episode may be the saddest thing I have ever watched. I don’t how Vic recovers from this.

4 Likes

This show is amazing. The ending of this episode may be the saddest thing I have ever watched. I don’t how Vic recovers from this.

1 Like

@DanTheManOne1, I do hope you’re right because it is always possible I missed the announcement of a 2nd season.

3 Likes

I love the development of Rita Farr as the season goes on. Cliff has been my favorite from start to finish, but Rita is gaining ground as her role in the group becomes more important.

Off topic, I’m guessing this would be Tina Belcher’s favorite episode of Doom Patrol.

F2LfIfm.jpg

10 Likes

Here I am loving how far Rita and Larry have come, and then you remind me Cyborg has problems too.

4 Likes