Doom Patrol Ep. #11 “Frances Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

more amazing stuff; that look of concern on her face for Vic gives me hope, for the first time, that Jane will get a handle on her chaos and the situation at large

so much wonderful progress and resolution for the team, the threat it could collapse spectacularly makes this episode an oasis in the season

award for best slow-closing exasperated eyeroll … Jane, when Rita approaches from behind

3 Likes

Enjoyed the episode—you could call it offbeat, or whatever/-but, really everything about the best DP episodes feel very natural, and the weirdness somehow make’s the characters’ growth feel more believable.

3 Likes

Anyone else cry when the Frank Ocean cover played? I did. I still am.

7 Likes

Fantastic episode. Larry and John were so heartfelt that is really hit me and Cliff finally finally taking steps towards reconciling with his daughter was great to see. Even though it was a little more subtle I feel Rita and Jane both got excellent development and cyborg just got major development in his story. Just all around amazing character work and without even really the slightest hint of “action” scenes, this is what Doom Patrol is fantastic at breaking from your expectations and mixing things up in such incredibly interesting and often strange ways.

Almost every episode of the series has been pretty dang fantastic. only two episodes I can point to as “lower” points would have to be Danny Patrol and Beard Patrol they are both still pretty good though.

It’s a shame though I feel some of the audience may be slipping a little bit as GoT is now out and Endgame is out as well but hopefully everyone can catch up as we lead into the final few episodes.

5 Likes

Not much action, but reveals Larry’s “skeleton.” I really like Cyborg in this series. He is much more interesting than the movie version. I’m still waiting for Rita to be cool.

2 Likes

You take that back ^ Rita is cool! You know how great it is to see a classy bad ass! So many times we get female heros who act just like dude heros. Rita #1

3 Likes

That cover of moon River. Was :clap: so :clap: bad.

4 Likes

@
joshkodumal.61447 Wow, I like the way you broke down the interaction between Rita and Big D. I never thought of it the way you presented your interpretation of it. It makes total sense.

1 Like

I have to say that this show amazes me every time i watch it. It was just so beautiful how they played the original moon river in the fantasy that was in the past, then played the frank ocean remake when he passed away. Was definitely very moving. It’s more than just a super hero show.

6 Likes

Larry saying goodbye to Josh was bringing tears to my eyes. But why in scenes like that does it seem like any character walks off and doesn’t tell anyone?

5 Likes

This show is great I like Brandon frasier and the robot he plays the show is a hit with me

1 Like

This was a fantastic episode and probably the farthest the group has been from how they acted in the first 2 episodes. Rita acting nicer and actually genuinely having a chat with a florida local was nice. Cliff facing that he cant be what he once was. Jane actually asking for help and not calling everyone dickish names every few scenes. Larry talking to john and finally letting him go and getting closure on his pain. And victor learning of his cybernetics trying to take over and trying to stop it. When this series started we saw these characters at what could be considered their most flawed and now we see them really growing into their own as both a team and individuals. It was also nice seeing them get the team name dropped on them even though cliff and rita reject the idea

3 Likes

Was that frank ocean at the end?

Great episode. I was hoping he would work up the nerve to reveal himself to his daughter, though I know from a narrative perspective he isn’t ready. Great show though. And Larry’s journey in this episode was incredible too.

3 Likes

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

I wanted to see Robot Man and Frances throw DOWN! I feel so robbed!

9 Likes

Lots of feels in this episode! Damn this show is really good!! So can’t wait to see if Swamp Thing can deliver at the same level.

2 Likes

The most slept on development of this episode… Flit actually talked like a valley girl. Look at her from puppet patrol to jane patrol to now… where did that personality come from and what does it truly mean?lol

2 Likes

The whole episode was amazing! Although I have too admit that the part with Larry and John at the end was especially touching.

6 Likes

DP, I love You!
So much heart and soul, from such broken people.

7 Likes

3/4 of the way in and every episode a keeper. This was a great bridge episode that seems to have resolved a lot of character growth for cliff and Larry. And displays Rita’ s new growth. (Anyone notice that she has not melted in a few episodes?). The Vic/grid thing is ramping up. Amazing show.

5 Likes