Doom Patrol Ep. #10 “Hair Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

starting to think the Chief is actually the mastermind, while Mr. Nobody is an incredibly powerful yet unwitting dupe playing right into his hands

had to clean some beverage off my screen after the hair clog scene … hats off to the art department

1 Like

I liked this episode but could have gone all day without the drain pipe scene as everyone else said, I was eating too. Liked the interaction between Rita and Cyborg and the villain was entertaining minus the drain pipe scene. I really hope sooner or later they explain why no one has aged, maybe the immortality stuff was a hint for him still in the dark about Jane.

Also interesting twist that Mr. Nobody wants the primitive woman, since I never got why he was out for revenge like they implied when it seemed Mr. Nobody loved what he had become.

I really liked the drain pipe scene
I thought it was important to show just how much his power effected his motivations

Kinda like how zombies in the santa Clarita diet see human body parts as tasty snacks

It shows how deeply rooted his powers are in his id
And that is a huge them in the doom patrol in general.

Niles relationship with the cave woman was interesting and showed some interesting character growth
I wonder if the beard hunter would want to eat her beard

3 Likes

@mkhall & @loner.victorious HMMMMMMMMMM. HMM HMM HMM.

The guy who plays Beard Hunter is so good, but I didn’t want to fall on love with a furry neanderthal, so this episode leaves me conflicted.

I was initially wondering WTF was going on, and what the Great White North had to do with the DP.

Revelations ensued, most satisfactorily.

I have never been more glad to have subscribed to a channel than DCU.

Critics are beside themselves praising a show with a 94% rating(!) on Rotten Tomatoes, and those in the know and are aficionados of serious weirdness are subscribing to the DCU.

Such a great show. Perfectly balanced; every character is thoroughly examined and shown as a human being.

And now we know what Vic and Rita meant when they said, “Long story.”

Perfect.

3 Likes

I was familiar with this guy and HATE IT MOST DISGUSTING GUY IN ALL COMICS. AS for the episode GREAT SHOW

Can’t believe it was ep 10 only 5 Left

2 Likes

I thought at first the cave woman was a take on Dorothy Spinner

4 Likes

Outstanding! Don’t kill the Beard Hunter, he was a great character. He reminded me of Danny Mccbride. We finally get to see more of Timothy Dalton, “Bond, James Bond.” I hope this show gets a second season, I personally think it’s the best bit of programming the app has right now.

4 Likes

So is there time travel happening in this show or does everyone just age really well? The dates don’t seem to add up.

As of this episode, thanks to Mr. Nobody’s comments, we now know that The Chief has been searching for immortality and/or ways to extend his life. And he’s had some success since he has to be around 150 years old and he doesn’t appear to have visibly aged at all in the last 100 years. The rest of the DP not aging has yet to be explained, but here’s a possible new theory: The reason The Chief chose them each is precisely BECAUSE they have meta-powers that have allowed them to stop or slow their aging, and he’s been using what he learned from studying them to extend his own life. Of course in Cliff’s case he’s not a meta, but he could be an experiment into how long a brain can live if it’s removed and placed in an artificial body.

13 Likes

I think the reason “doesn’t care about them” is because he had a child with the woman in the cave and is protecting her, AKA Dorothy Spinner.

1 Like

I’m a little confused about something. Towards the end of the episode, we learn that Mr. Nobody is demanding the Chief tell him where the cavewoman is. But he’s Mr. Nobody. Wouldn’t he have the ability to locate her himself? If he can enter people’s thoughts, surely he’d be able to locate this one person.

3 Likes

I wish the Beard Hunter had been more of the killer they depicted in the comics. Can’t wait to see Flex.

This episode made me vomit my breakfast. Not that this episode was bad, but that drain scum scene…yeah I’m still sick thinking about it.

4 Likes

Does anyone know who Slava is based on? She seems very Vandal Savage’esque.

1 Like

It’s hard to say cause they mix and mash elements from all the comics in this series and don’t expect the expected but I thought Slava was supposed to be this universe’s Dorothy Spinner cause that cavewoman possessed the ability to manifest her imaginary creations. But maybe as someone else suggested she was just the mother of Dorothy although are super powers passed down from generation to generation in such a consistent manner where the child would have the exact same ability as the parent? It is interesting that they at least tried to explain how Niles could still be so young after so many decades although they failed to explain it at all really.

1 Like

Definitely a great episode. The beard scum scene was nasty but necessary. I think Niles had a baby with the cave lady as well as she has something to do with his age.

1 Like

I was never really into Doom Patrol. I didn’t think I would enjoy the adventures of what I thought was “B” list heroes. My mistake! This series is so well written, I want the cast nominated for Best New Series! The cast is BONKERS-AMAZING!

5 Likes