Doom Patrol Ep. #10 “Hair Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

Welcome to Doom Patrol: Episode 10 “HAIR PATROL” discussion thread, where you can speak your blown mind freely!

Were you already familiar with Beard Hunter? Is he everything you hoped he would be on the home screen? Let us know in the comments below!

3 Likes

Whats the story with the cave girl, is she canon?

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I had to mostly cover my eyes at the part with Beard Hunter eating that hair from the drain. Gross. :nauseated_face:

16 Likes

@ijest I know right. It was so, so hard to watch that scene. Gagging, I could only imagine the set that day of filming lol

5 Likes

Definitely new to Doom Patrol, but am I way out in left field thinking that the Chief is protecting a child and not immortality?

3 Likes

I love this show! I thought i was fairly knowledgeable about dc comics, but every week i learn something new from this show. The beard hunter was nucking futs. Eating that wad of hair was gross for sure.

2 Likes

aceconvoy:

Speaking as someone who’s read almost every Doom Patrol book (and just re-read Morrison’s run last month), the cave girl and pretty much all of The Chief’s backstory from this episode seems to be an original creation of the show. I have no idea where all this is going, but I’m looking forward to finding out.

However, one thing I do recognize from the comics and am excited about: Flex Mentallo incoming!

6 Likes

Since the creative team is putting their own spin on the myths, I wonder if Dorothy Spinner will turn out to be the child of Caulder and the immortal woman with the “incredible mental powers”?

2 Likes

Beard Hunter is definitely someone different , but what the real surprise of this episode was The Chef and his Past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elsZYBU7A7A

2 Likes

Was anyone else grossed out for this episode?! I had to turn away when Beard Hunter was eating the hair.

7 Likes

My wife believes that cave lady constructed Niles puppet in other dimension, and that it tethers him to our reality, making him immortal.

5 Likes

I’m so excited for the next episode!! WTH is up with the missing Incredible Hulk pic?!?

Rita was referring to the Hunk known as Flex Mentallo in that comic book ad - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flex_Mentallo

We’ve yet to find out how he fits into the story, but they’ll probably figure it out in the next episode. It’s their only lead right now.

3 Likes

That was truly the most bizarre episode yet. And TBH at first I identified with Ernest until I found out he was a really gross bad guy. Rita on her worst day doesn’t make me as nauseated.

1 Like

Here’s a theory for you…what if dorothy is Nile’s daughter on the show. Niles and the Womans child.

6 Likes

One does not simply tease the man of muscle mastery flex mentallo. But otherwise this was a decent episode. Probably would rank it as the least interesting in terms of character use though. But if it takes 9 episodes for me to finally go eh this was just alright then doom patrol is doing everything right

3 Likes

@loner.victorious I’ll double down on that theory. That would make an interesting finale.

I get Niles’ motivation for being the way he is and why the episode ended the way it did. I was secretly hoping for a team up with Beard Hunter and Mr. Nobody. The shenanigans and hilarity would’ve been off the charts!

1 Like

Any ideas as to the weird Niles puppet at the end, left me confused.

When Beard Hunter ate that drainage pipe hair, I was in the middle of eating pizza. Never again.

Also, that montage music was badass.

3 Likes

I wish I could unsee Beard Hunter eating the hair… yuck.

But I loved everything else! Niles’s secrets have secrets. I don’t think we’ll ever figure out who he is - let alone WHERE he is?!! Great episode (sans the hair ingestion;).

2 Likes