Doom Patrol Club

Could someone please give me advice on how to plan and post about a watch along? I asked this question awhile ago, but I can’t find my original post.

4 Likes

This is why youtube was invented!

They were reading Doom Patrol comics!!! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sob:

4 Likes

Do you mean to host one or just participate in one?

3 Likes

Absolutely! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hosting.I have an idea for something I’d like to try, and I don’t want to mess it up.

4 Likes

this thread has step-by-step instructions to establish events like watchalongs and get them on the community calendar

as for the thread itself, @ProActress and i have been using sort of a template that comes from when DCU hosted official watchalongs

How you can join in this awesome Watch-Along:

WHO: You!
WHAT: [whatever you’re watching, including season and episode numbers]
WHERE: Here in this awesome thread!
WHEN: [date and time]

Watch-Along Rules!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a way to access the show(via streaming or DVD).
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices, Your Phone or Computer for comments, and a big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM! – Have your clicking finger on the play button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the hour.
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the timestamp on the DVD or streaming service.

if you have any more questions, i’d be happy to help if i can! good luck!

4 Likes

Excellent. Many thanks!

4 Likes

you got it!

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the information. I tried following the instructions as best I could, but I don’t know if it turned out okay.

4 Likes

seems good, but i think you just need to flip it so that this

Watch-Along: Teen Titans Go! Beast Boy’s That’s What’s Up (Season 6 Episode 2) and A Doom Patrol Thanksgiving (Season 7 Episode 25)

Just because the Doom Patrol series is taking a break doesn’t mean the fun has to stop! For this watch-along, we’ll be looking at two Doom Patrol related episodes of Teen Titans Go! First, we’ll be watching Beast Boy’s That’s What’s Up from season 6 (41 minutes), then after a five minute break, it’s on to A Doom Patrol Thanksgiving from season 7 (22 minutes).

is in the body of the WAL thread, and the link goes the other way (put a link in the calendar thread to the WAL thread, instead of a link in the WAL thread to the calendar thread)

4 Likes

:purple_heart:

3 Likes

I just had some help cleaning it up by the moderator, but it’s live now. Thanks for the advice and I hope to see you all January 19.

4 Likes

robotmanfingergun

you’re welcome!

4 Likes

credit where credit’s due

Constantine would not have the guts to pull off that hat

3 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

xdpIIIx
:face_in_clouds:

2 Likes

Sorry some of you missed the Teen Titans Go Doom Patrol watch along. Has anyone in the group seen those episodes and if so, what are your thoughts?

4 Likes

I’ve seen and loved both. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

To the Renaissance Festival everyone!

4 Likes

Why are these dudes smiling?

Maybe it’s because they just heard Brendan Fraser got an Oscar nomination!!!

4 Likes