[Doom Patrol Club] Doom Patrol Comics (1987-): Issues #39-44 (December 1st- 31st)

Cliff and Jane explore the aliens’ homeworld known as The Mesh—and are viciously attacked by a Smoke Dog!

Welcome Doomsters to the monthly topic of December! This month we’re continuing with the grant morroison run of this great team! and this time they face off against alien dogs oh my! and so much more! also there will soon be a collab annoucement coming out soon…so watch out for it in the pm :wink:

Ofc here’s the link for getting started—> Doom Patrol Comics(1987-): Issues#39-44

And the questions for this reading is…:
1.) What was your favorite moment out of these 6 issues and why?

2.) Also which character do you like the most?

As always I love to hear what you have to say/discuss below…and Let’s Discuss! :robotman_dp:

1 Like

Really good set of issues! :robotman_dp:

Read 42 with Flex Mentallo and then 43 which is split between the Ant Farm and Danny the Street. I feel like the journey into space with aliens with impossible non-biological heads spouting nonsense sentences is just too much like the previous story lines with non-biological heads spouting nonsense sentences. It kind of lost my interest some. Now, these two stories get it roaring back. They are weird, the General in the Ant Farm certainly spouts some wackiness but the stories really hold together well. Love how Danny comes alive as a character and the Chief just assumes he’ll be in the Doom Patrol. And poor Flex, just as tragic as can be.

2 Likes

Definitely agree with you there. Think he was trying to go for something different for DP there.

2 Likes