dont cancel swampthing

Why would you cancel your best show this is the only reason I subscribed… ben paying for this for a year solely for this specific show… what a let down may cancel my subscription

7 Likes

You paid a whole year for one show?

2 Likes

Yea, that doesn’t make sense considering there is a monthly option. Also, what did you hope to accomplish with this post?

2 Likes

September 15th will be a year. It’s probably in all our best interest that you do.

4 Likes

Yes, it stinks that Swamp Thing is cancelled, but we are getting the season that was promised to us and it’s great so far! Plus, we got the unexpected sensation of Doom Patrol, and I’m sure there’s more phenomenal original content on this app to come. Needless to say, there’s a lot to be excited about this app too.

1 Like

Excellent points, everyone! If someone chooses to subscribe to a service for one show…they’re doing themselves a disservice. There’s so much amazing content on here. Hell, there are so many comic books to read it’s insane!

4 Likes
  1. If you are only interested in only one or two shows it might be more cost effective for you to only pay for the app monthly and then cancel it once the show or shows you are interested in are over.

2. Of you are interested in the whole shabang than its really worth the yearly sub. In fact its well worth the yearly sub to me for the comics library alone but YMMV on that.

4 Likes

Not only the comics, but the WONDERFUL DC animation! The ability to watch BATMAN itself was the reason I subscribed in the first place. DOOM PATROL was a delightful surprise. I’ve loved every episode of SWAMP THING, and, while I’m disappointed at 10 episodes instead of 13, I’m eagerly awaiting the next 5.

It’s NOT DCU’S FAULT it was cancelled. That was some suits wondering how they can make the most and spend the least, customers be damned.

1 Like

I totally agree with everyone that it’s silly to subscribe for only one show. Especially when there’s so much other good content on here. However, it does sadden me to know that Swamp Thing is getting cancelled and I feel almost like it wasn’t given a fair shot. Oh well… hanging in for Harley Quinn! Meanwhile, I’ll be going back and watching and binging many of the other great shows and movies on here! Not too mention all the comics!

2 Likes

I never understood how threatening to unsubscribe is supposed to be a valid threat, but I see it here all the time from people throwing tantrums. Wouldn’t unsubscribing just be depriving yourself of all the content?

3 Likes

Threatening subscription cancellation is keeping back the ocean with a broom. The cost of ST (est $80 million) if it doesn’t sell internationally, it would take 800,000 $100 subscriptions to recoup that cost. I doubt DCU has that many paid subscribers total. Even if 1000 members cancelled simply because of ST not getting a second season, that $100,000. So what would you rather lose $100K or $60million?

Since the boards are open to non-subscribers, I wonder how many of these threat canceling posts are by actual subscribers. Even the #saveswampthing trending on twitter doesn’t mean much if those tweeting can’t be monetized.

It comes down to what pretty much every company does…follow the money. Even a few hundred $K losses is better than 10’s of millions of dollars.

It just seems to be the sad truth about ST & I know some of the ST fans don’t want to except it, but, ST is not a money maker. It is an experiment of a show (like YJ, Titans, DP, HQ & Stargirl) and ST is an experiment that, so far has failed.

Titans and DP got picked up internationally, Titans is getting a second season, and I’d wager DP second season might be confirmed at SDCC. Will YJ get a season 4? who knows. Will HQ or Stargirl get a second season? Only time will tell.

Look at the money and apply the same principle to money in your own life. If you had to lose your money on an investment, would you rather lose $10 or $10,000?

Answer that question for yourself than ask yourself should they really save ST?

2 Likes

Tell Ben we’ll miss him :frowning:

Why are so many people bad at math?

If a show doesn’t make money, it gets cancelled, no matter how “good” it is.

1 Like

Ain’t that always the way?

1 Like

The fact that the forums are open to the public makes me question the validity of half of these sorts of posts. For all we know it’s probably just trolls trying to sew descent. Notice how most of them never reply or post on the threads they start. Either they don’t have as much passion as they seem to think they do, or as stated prior, they’re trolls who don’t actually care and just wanted to plant seeds of doubt in everyone else.

3 Likes

@Truth_of_Pisces I’m glad you said it. Most (if not) posts I see of people saying they paid a year for this service and are going to cancel appear to be from the public. Whether they’re trolls or they’re deluded enough to think threatening to unsubscribe is going to change the decision, the fact of the matter is they’re exhausting. While most of us are trying to talk comics and what we love, we’ve gotta deal with these numerous posts and I’m getting sick of it.

3 Likes

It won’t make money because actual talent is involved.
The lazy writing in Titans is obvious. You’d have to be pretty dumb not to notice. It’s getting a second season because it’s cheap af to make. They’re probably able to film a season in under a month. Fast, predictable scenarios. CW is just remaking shows. Different characters; same cheap plotlines.
Swamp Thing actually has great transition between scenes. The characters are developed naturally. The story continues to develop, instead of wallowing in the same drawn-out melodrama.
True, convincing these greedy tardos that Swamp Thing is worth keeping is like carving into a mountain with a spork. Money will always trump art to these imbeciles. BUT it’s still a worthwhile try. It’s only $6-8 a month. They can have my money til Swamp Thing’s demise is confirmed.
If so, then I’ll just go back to stealing this stuff. If they will continue to treat it like garbage, then I won’t mind rooting around the dumpster to get it.
#saveswampthing #firetomking

1 Like

lol gotta eat to live gotta steal to eat. Wait, that’s the other company.