Don’t Get Used to the Upcoming Reboot

don’t because universal is going to be buying wb in 2024 so much for dawn of dcu
so much for the ten year plan for the movies

4 Likes

Citation?

4 Likes

It’s not a definite yet

4 Likes

hollywood reporter and there are youtubers who know people who say its not if they buy its
when the soonest wb can be sold again is April 2024

2 Likes

oh I’m glad to hear it I think it would be bad if wb gets sold again @Jurisdiction

2 Likes

I wouldn’t trust YouTubers as my news source. They drive engagement through catastrophizing, they have monetary incentive to present the worst possible interpretation of events.

10 Likes

That’s some hard truth bombing even the comic book character Victor sage would approve of.
Nice.

7 Likes

Also I see the don’t see the word “could” as concrete proof.

I don’t see anything in regards to the Hollywood Reporter officially stating this. Could you link to where you saw this?

Is it possible Warners could be sold down the line? Yea, anything is possible. Until I see something official from a verified source, I’ll treat this as a rumor for now.

5 Likes

Not an official statement, but THR did report on it:

4 Likes

Thank you for the link @moro! It still seems to be speculation but this is a credible website.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. Yeah I agree it’s all speculation. Far as I’m concerned, no sense getting hyped up over this stuff in the firs place.

3 Likes

I guess I did get lost in the hype but everywhere I look everyone was acting like it was a fact not a guess I’m glad no one here thinks it’s true @moro

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know if it’s true. Perhaps the speculation is true. My whole point is, what is my worry or concern going to do? What I do know is:

• We have Stargirl and Harley Quinn on TV right now, with Titans, Doom Patrol, Superman & Lois (my favorite show), The Flash, and My Adventures With Superman coming up.
  • Black Adam is being released in a month, followed by Shazam, Flash, and Aquaman in the next year.
  • There’s a couple of DC animated movies about to be released: Supersons and Legion, I believe.
  • There’s plenty of current DC Comics that I’m enjoying.

I’ll vote with my dollar and support what I like in all that, hoping that there are enough fans like me that do the same, so we can get more of the DC content we like. Whether it’s released by WB, WBD, [Insert Acronym Here], I’m not gonna worry myself about that. Let the folks with the billions worry about who’s buying who.

1 Like

good point @moro

Don’t they reboot anyway every couple years regardless of who owns DC ?

no

1 Like

found out something about this that a lot of people aren’t including a spokes person from
wbd said they are in this long term so who knows whats gonna happen