Does Batman Count as a Super Hero?

@queenbella9474.45062 Welcome to the family. Glad you’re here. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @queenbella9474.45062! :wave: You’ve found the right place to discuss all things DC-related (and Batman-related, of course); wealth is certainly an interesting superpower. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

3 Likes

My wealth is super bottomless.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @queenbella9474.45062

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Case closed, eh? Airtight reasoning.

4 Likes

The Jury has ruled that YES, Batman is a superhero… at least in our hearts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::bat:

3 Likes

Granted I am a biased juror.

3 Likes

As long as it’s in the majority, I think we win! :grin:

2 Likes

This is my answer, that I pulled off of Websters dictionary,

Definition of superhero

: a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers also :

an exceptionally skillful or successful person

While part one would make it a big old NO, the second part of the definition clearly makes it a big OLD YES for ME.

2 Likes

Batman IS a hero. Batman is not bulletproof or has super speed or flight or any other cool powers that Superman, a nobody-doubts-it superhero does. However, he risks his life to save Gotham.

Let me explain:

A hero used to be someone who successfully made a name for themselves in a small town. A football or baseball or soccer star. A celebrity. Someone looked up to by the others for being good at something.

After 9/11, and especially with the COVID pandemic, the meaning of a “Hero” changed. A hero is not a football star anymore. Paramedics. Doctors. Nurses. Firefighters. Police officers. Teachers. They are all heroes. Even jobs that one use to think were not heroic like retail store workers, janitors, and fast-food workers are hailed as heroes during this pandemic. Frontline workers who risk their lives and go the extra mile for the greater good.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad to be here I’m sorry it took soo long.

2 Likes