Does Batman Count as a Super Hero?

I thought you were Batman not John wick

I am way better than Johnny.

1 Like

yeah you totally outsmarted johnny quick in crisis on 2 earths!

I revived him later.

1 Like

Yeah IK but I wish I could cuz the DCU would be so much better than what it currently is and where itā€™s currently going which will lead nowhere except to another relaunch in another 5 years because they got board and couldnā€™t hold true to the ā€œidealsā€ founded in Infinite Frontier.

1 Like

To be fair, though, thatā€™s just 1 hero. There are plenty of others that take up the dcu

I fell like Batman is holding the universe back. They wonā€™t kill him for good and move on cuz if sales drop theyā€™ll wanna use him to gain traction again. His mere existence at this point holds back over half of the DC universe because DC REFUSES to allow him to age, learn, grow or experience any form of character development so everyone is just stuck behind him cuz heā€™s their entire marketing strategy. Iā€™m over it. KILL BATMAN I SAY! The whole Batfam needs at culling at this point creators have put way too many of their OCā€™s in it. All we need is A Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Oracle, MAYBE a Batwoman and whatever the knock off brand Dick Grayson is gonna be if heā€™s not Robin. Alfred and Gordon are welcome supporting cast as well but personally I donā€™t consider them part of the Batfam cuz they donā€™t really engage in their activities much. Thatā€™s it, thatā€™s all we need. Hell, characters like Nightwing, Huntress, and Spoiler donā€™t NEED to be apart of the Batfam. They can simply run in similar circles. But everyone else NEEDS TO GO!

1 Like

Well, he is a Golden Age superhero, after all. :wink:

2 Likes

So heā€™ll forever be toxic, abusive, manipulative - all round bad person that uses his screwed up childhood as an excuse to be the way he is. His presence will forever hold back the ORIGIN of legacy from taking effect. Again, the universe is better if he is dead. Allow Luke to be the new Batman. No offense to Jace, but Batwing is stupid so if heā€™s gonna be a hero make him Batman and erase the Batwing moniker from existence.

1 Like

Well, yes. Heā€™s the 1930sā€™ idea of a hero.

1 Like

And itā€™s time to let it go. Donā€™t make me use that ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  song :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

2 Likes

No. A hot dog is a hot dog.

2 Likes

Batman is definitely a hero since he is well beloved but he has to pick a successor before he gets too angry at the job and since he has no powers, he has to fight as ruthless as the villians.

1 Like

I already have 6 Robins.

1 Like

I have been down this road myself, so here is how I view it, mkay?

To me, Batman is considered as a superhero when you are looking at comics and the superhero genre as a genre. Like, the term ā€˜superheroā€™ is moreso used to mean ā€˜characterā€™. When I tell people that I love DC Comics, they usually ask ā€œwhoā€™s your favorite superheroā€, to which I say Batman (mostly because I know the casual fan doesnā€™t know who Jason Todd is and I donā€™t feel like opening up to someone who doesnā€™t understand that weird things occur in comics).

Anyway, some may choose to argue, but most do not. To me, I use the term superhero to mean character when you discuss comics as a genre.

In comics, however, heā€™s technically a vigilante, and Iā€™m aware of this. I do explain this to the naysayers who choose to argue with me about Batman being a superhero. Typically people define superhero as a character with super powers, in which Batman is technically a vigilante rather than a ā€˜superheroā€™. Unfortunately, even after I explain this, some people just choose to continue to argue, even if I technically agree with them from that perspective. Yeahā€¦ itā€™s probably a good thing that I only talk about Jason Todd with people who I know how comics work.

3 Likes

No. If you look at the definition. superhero 1. a benevolent fictional character with superhuman powers, such as Superman.
I know at times heā€™s had superpowers? I think one time donā€™t quote me 100% he was offered a Yellow Lantern Ring? Which makes sense because they both feed on fear.
I see him more of an anti-hero to be quite honest.
Heā€™s basically The Shadow.
P.S. Itā€™s funny I have always wanted to debate this with other people lol! And I think Superhero or Supervillain for that matter is just an all inclusive or ā€œumbrella termā€ that gets in my opinion getā€™s thrown around. Way too much

1 Like

I can dodge machine gun fire at point blank range. That sounds super to me.

I rejected the yellow ring thanks to my teammate Hal letting me use a green ring earlier.

Anti-heroes typically kill, and that is a line I drew for myself decades ago.

2 Likes

I have the definitive answer to this age old question.
Ready guys??
Ok, Batman is 100% a superhero, and I have indisputable evidence.
May it please the Court, your Honor, to include into evidence, the fact that BigBlock66 has only ever dressed up, or Cosplayed as ā€œSuperheroesā€ for every Halloween.
I would also invite the court to acknowledge that Batman has been one of the superheroes that BigBlock66 has dressed up as on previous Halloween occasions.
I submit to the Court, Physical Exhibit ā€œAā€ as Evidence. In this Exhitbit, the Court will see BigBlock66 dressed as ā€œThe Batmanā€.

Therefore, it is only factually sound for the jury to find my client, ā€œThe Batmanā€, as a definite Superhero as defined by said Court.
Your Honor, I rest my case.

4 Likes

Of course Batman is a superhero. Technology And his incredible wealth is his superpowers!!!

6 Likes