Does Batman Count as a Super Hero?

My friend and I are at a dispute regarding this

6 Likes

he’s a superhero without superpowers

5 Likes

I think Batman’s honestly an antihero. Sure he doesn’t kill, but the damage he inflicts on others (heroes and villains alike) is completely unethical and unreasonable.

5 Likes

Yes. He’s one of the defining superheroes. But he’s also a holdover from earlier pulp magazine detectives such as The Shadow.

8 Likes

What is your friend’s (or your) argument against him being a superhero? :thinking:

5 Likes

His methods when combating enemies in his words “he broke a man’s arm over petty theft”

3 Likes

batman protect the people from crime team up with heroes superman and wonder woman batman can’t break his law of taking a life that what make him a hero

4 Likes

His argument points out some of his brutal methods that cause him to be confused with an anti-hero. He said “he broke a man’s arm over petty theft”

2 Likes

Sorry, missed this post. That’s a little… limited. Most versions of Superman or Wonder Woman have outright killed people, unlike most Batmen. Plus, on a related note, which Batman? Some are dumb and get written dumbly, but it’s a stretch to say that the character overall outright does not count because of what sounds like a pretty specific thing.

4 Likes

He also single handedly stopped 4 White Martians and helped save the planet from an alien invasion…

In that one instance of several that he’s helped save everyone on the planet.

4 Likes

Yeah, I would call him a super hero, with so many stuff in his utility belt and have a amazing Detective skill like Sherlock Holmes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Of course I am a superhero.

2 Likes

approves-batman-memes

2 Likes

Wait… now just wait a damn minute! Hol’ on now, hol’ on! This. ■■■■■■■ THISSSSSSS! All of this right here. You pretty much condensed all my hatred for Batman in 1 sentence.

2 Likes

I don’t hate him, I just dont consider him a hero.

Yes. Understandable. But you described MY hatred for him. An anti-hero constantly playing in a pool of and dictating the lives of actual heroes through means of toxicity, abuse, and manipulation. Batman is all round just a bad person, but yet still considered a hero… make it make sense.

1 Like

Hey! I can’t force dc to do something it doesn’t want to do

1 Like

Lol

I would say Batman is a hero, I would not say he is a superhero, has no powers, and most of villains have disabilities. For example Joker who suffers from Pseudobulbar affect, I could go on and on but you get the picture.

1 Like

I sure do beat a lot of people with superpowers. Just yesterday I beat Dr. Fate in a fight with nothing but my bat-ball point pen.

2 Likes