Does anyone watch the Arrowverse in chronological order?

I’m sure I’m not the only one, but I watch the CW shows when the drop on Netflix and then binge them in order they aired so I can catch all the easter eggs and callbacks between shows. There are a bunch of different orders out there but the timeline I’m going off is: https://flash-arrow-order.herokuapp.com/ I think it’s simply listing episodes by airdate but it’s very helpful. There are other version out there that differ slightly.

6 Likes

I find just binging until a crossover and then swapping to the next show until the crossover SUPER helpful, because you get the fun of binging, but also get to take a break. This year, I watched Elseworlds first (and by itself) and then watched the entirety of each show before moving on to the next. (Only 9 episodes of Black Lightning to go this year)

1 Like

what I need is a 5-disc blu-ray player! the sleeve for each season lists the exact airdate …

as it is now, I’ll watch all seasons of one show and then the next, but you’re right, it’s easy to miss the easter eggs and tie-ins

2 Likes

Nah, I’d probably go cross eyed.

1 Like

It’s so much fun though! And there are definitely lots of little tie-is other than the actual crossovers. Just small references to what might happen on another show, like Felicity going to Iris’s bachelor party and then there’s a fun mention of what happens on the next Arrow episode. If you didn’t watch it in order it aired you’d miss that in-joke.

2 Likes

Jeez, autocorrect is sexist, bachelorette party, obviously!

I’m doing that same chronological rewatching right now! Trying to refresh my memory before everything starts up again.

Apparently the people who made the viewing guide that the OP posted forgot that there are TWO Flash series that are part of Arrowverse contnuity.

1 Like

Apparently the people who made the viewing guide that the OP posted forgot that there are TWO Flash series that are part of Arrowverse contnuity.

I normally watch them on demand the day or two after they air but yeah in the order they air. You never know when an unexpected crossover or Easter eg for the episode before could drop in.

I watched em all as they aired, then did em on Netflix in order they aired for rewatch twice. That was when there was 3-4 seasons depending on the show. I watched rest after that as aired, but didn’t go back and rewatch again.

It is very very hard to watch all the arrowverse in a chronological order. With every episode being a hour long and with the 4, soon to be 5, shows each having about 22-23 episodes in a season, thats like 4 days of watching per season. Now with some shows being written and having agendas making some not fun to watch at all, (@supergirl) then it makes it more difficult. Plus Arrow and Flash are very hit or miss to having good seasons too. Lot is almost always good but I always feel like it could be canceled at anytime. Also with Batwoman appearing to take the same route as Supergirl, that will make it even harder to watch. I really tried to watch 100% of the Arrowverse but Arrow has way to many seasons and honestly feels like the same thing over and over. Flash is fantastic and I will watch it no matter how bad the season is. Supergirl sucks. Honestly, it sucks. I forced myself to watch Season 1 and 2. I was trying to watch Season 3 but it was so bad I stopped. Lot is great and I have seen every episode. I will not even waste time with Batwoman. The only way I will watch it is, if it’s convenient for me and I get many many reports of various people telling thats its actually good and not 100% politically driven (but with her being gay thats almost impossible.)

Anyway thanks for reading my rant. In short, no. Unless you have no life and Infinite free time and the will of Hal Jordan then its very unlikely that you can watch it chronologically. Take this from someone who tried and failed. Maybe when I am 80, I can sit down and watch everything (besides the trash obviously).

The only issue with Batwoman is that it won’t be on Netflix and I wait for the seasons to show up on Netflix to do my chronological binge. Now I’m not sure if I’ll be able to once all the upcoming seasons are added to Netflix, except Batwoman. I don’t want to watch it on the CW app cause of ads. And I think it won’t be on HBO Max until before the second season? Ugh!