Does Anyone Remember the Warner Bros Stores?

I remember going to these stores a ton as a kid, there seemed to be one in shopping malls or even standalone ones in various cities. I recall they had some great DC sections and I got a really cool paint variant of a Batman figure with Nightwing (they both had motorcycles) from TAS. I just remember they had a lot of cool stuff for whatever you were into, what was your memory there and what have you found to be a good substitute for it?

4 Likes

I loved those stores! As a Superman and DC fan, it was heaven! When I got my first job in 2001, I was so excited to go to the one here in NYC in Times Square. I spent part of my first check checking some DC heroes keychains and a Green Lantern plush. I wanted to spend all my checks there…and then they closed.

But, it’s still fun seeing various items pop up on eBay.

2 Likes

I don’t remember these stores! I grew up in a small suburb town between Pittsburgh and Erie, the closest mall was all the way in Ohio though so we didn’t have anything like this in my area. I feel like I totally missed out.

2 Likes

I loved that place! We had 2 malls near my house and the newer one had a WB Store. It was awesome! Ours had a “drawing” station, where they showed a coloring page of a character and “ink” pads to color with. There was also a spaceship that you could enter and pretend you were taking off. I remember that the walls were all painted rich colors, making it stand out from the typical mall stores and giving a feeling of something special. Here’s a collage of photos I found online. Our location was a bit different but mostly a blend of all of these pics. Thank you for the reminder @Grimprovise! And to answer your question - I’ve never found a replacement. The magic is too hard to replicate.

2 Likes

Even though I lived in NYC practically my whole life I’ve never had the chance to go to the Times Square one, I did however frequent the Woodbridge and Atlantic City ones which were pretty great!

1 Like

I remember the Martian Rocket! Yeah I couldn’t find photos of the one I’ve been to but I remember the one in Atlantic City (I think?) had an elevator which had a Superman on the bottom of it so from the outside you see him essentially pushing the elevator up floors. That was really neat, and their merchandise was just top tier.

1 Like

I remember them! I still have an awesome Batman lithograph showing the initial conception of Batman from a flying machine conceived by Da Vinci. Some awesome pieces they used to have.

2 Likes

Yeah, this store was wonderful. Mine had a gallery in the back corner where you could see all their animation stills and lithographs. I insisted on going to that exact spot every time we went to the mall.

2 Likes

If this had existed in my town I would’ve been perennially broke.

2 Likes