Does Anyone Really Think Batman Could Defeat Superman?

Those first two are just them fighting, there’s no obvious winner, and the third is an evil Superman which is a totally different ball game. Also, in the end, Batman did defeat that Superman. I’m not saying Batman would win a hand-to-hand fight, but give him five years, he’ll pull the multiverse apart to find someone who will.

3 Likes

fixed 01

2 Likes

Superman is more powerful and he is intelligent; however, he has very crippling and exploitable weaknesses. Batman could and would take advantage of that. He is the superior tactician and strategist; he’s unlikely to just smash his face into Superman’s fist (although there are infinite Earths!). Does that mean I think Batman would always win? No, of course not, but I certainly think he could defeat Superman. (Also, he already has in various ways and in various media.)

4 Likes

alfred beat up superman in that one also as seen in injustice 2 superman wants to keep batman not kill him

1 Like

Batman, how do you respond to your critics who say this is an easy loss for you?

2 Likes

I have been responding to their nonsense.

2 Likes

Defeat how?

Growing up as little kid I was a Batman fan, not a DC fan. That didn’t come until probably early 2000s. However, before then I thought this was ridiculous. Again, I liked Batman and thought Superman to be lame but c’mon - Batman is human, and Superman is beyond powerful.
Getting into DC and reading particular stories, I could and can see how Batman would defeat him. I am reminded of what Bob Goodman said, who says Superman and thought this to be silly. That is, Batman would find a way, he cannot allow even the idea to lose.

Therefore, Batman can and probably will win. Same time it depends on the writer. Plus, what if the battle is basically a on the spot random arm wrestling match? I’m sorry, but as a Batman fan, Superman wins.

2 Likes

sure but it never goes like that in the end batman wins because people want to see him win he is the underdog its not fun if superman wins its just dull as a storyteller batman wins

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess. I mean, what is the take away if Superman wins? No huge gain for the reader, UNLESS they are a huge Superman fan.

3 Likes

I beat Clark in arm wrestling contests. My red sun lamps are vey stealthy.

3 Likes

So you have them in the Daily Planet, his bathroom, Lois’ bedroom? Even at the Kents’ house?

3 Likes

lets be honest there’s no telling :rofl:

3 Likes

I’d actually be more surprised if this wasnt the case lol

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

No respect for privacy heh?

3 Likes

I mean… That’s false. Batman caused a lot of things to happen that he couldn’t have done himself, but wouldn’t have happened without him. You keep changing the goalposts: First, it’s “Superman wins”, now it’s “Superman wins if it’s only one fight”, now it’s “Superman wins if Batman has no allies”.

2 Likes

its ok clark has no respect for his ether

2 Likes

When comparing Batman and Superman not only on physical strength, intelligence, and tactical ability, but also on character and morality - I think Batman would most likely win.

If you were pitting them solely based on strength and tactics, and took character and morality out of the equation - Superman would probably win hands down. In that case it’s really just a matter of casually throwing a building/ocean liner/planetoid at super speeds at Batman, from a distance where any fancy kryptonite gadget Batman might’ve thought up would have no effect.

4 Likes

In other words make him no longer Superman. Also I would still won by making him Superman again.

3 Likes

Superman wins regardless of the circumstances.

2 Likes