Does anyone know any cool DC related stuff to do or visit in Japan?

Visiting Japan, I’m there to spend time my biological mother who lives there. I thought I’d ask just in case anyone on here has visited Japan if there’s anything DC related to visit or do in Japan. I’ll be like an hour or 2 away from Tokyo.

5 Likes

Randallusprime Lived there in the mid 90s, and can’t really think of anything. But, hope you have a good visit with mom.

1 Like

Thanks!

I know nothing but I hope you have fun!

Go-Neech-Ewah!!!

fo-fai-battle-arena-toshinden-88-2.jpg

2 Likes

Randallus if you don’t mind saying, where near Tokyo are you going? I lived in Sagamihara and worked in Camp Zama a couple of hours from downtown Tokyo.

2 Likes

Have a great trip.

2 Likes

I went to Japan recently. While there are some bookstores that have translated-to-Japanese DC comics (I found Batman: Year 100 and a few others at one), I can’t really think of anything else. That said, I had an amazing time. Hope you do too!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! I just landed like 12 hours ago. Waking up now, gonna try & eat some breakfast.

3 Likes

Msgtv, I’m in a town called Hamura. I believe I’m like 1 to 2 hours away from Tokyo.

2 Likes

Batwing! I’d love to get a translated DC comic here. I just need to find a comic book store.

2 Likes

Randalluss don’t trust 12 hour old sushi from the 7-11. I tell you this from personal experience. I found manga, and some comics at the general bookstores. Never saw an actual comic shop there. Enjoy the food, and talk to people many will be happy to try their English.

3 Likes

Looked at the map, Camp Zama, HQ US Army Japan is just a little south of where you’re at. Used to take my toddler to Sesame Place, but you’re probably not into the Count any more.

2 Likes

Thanks msgtv! I’m safe on the sushi, lol. I don’t like any seafood, lol. I actually had Spaghetti from the 7-11, loved it. I love their style of spaghetti sauce. There’s a sweetness to it. For dinner tonight, I had oddly enough, Korean BBQ in a nice small place.

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy your trip!!! Japan looks like such a beautiful place

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Japan makes some pretty cool looking DC action figures and statues. I would check out where they sell SH Figuarts, Mafex and Kotobukiya :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have a fun trip. I’ve always wanted to visit!

2 Likes

I lived there for a bit, too! Hope you enjoy it! You can try Akihabara’s used shops, but it’ll be a needle-in-a-haystack kind of hunt. If near Osaka at any point, I could sometimes find 90s American toys and figures at Mandarake. The only Japanese “DC" items I ever came across were hentai doujins… which probably isn’t what you wanna shop for with your mom. Or in general. Who am I to judge, heh heh.

2 Likes

I hope you’re having a swell trip. Japan looks like a lovely place.

Bring back a few Kotobukiya DC wares along with some Mafex and S. H. Figuarts DC toys if you can please :wink:

3 Likes

Pictures, please!

4 Likes