Does Anyone Else Think Mike In Stargirl Is Extremely Annoying?

I’m watching episode 3 and in all the episodes he just makes me so annoyed. I think that he is probably supposed to be making fun of cringed 6th graders but I still think he his super annoying and his voice to… Stargirl is still great and I look forward to every episode.

7 Likes

I haven’t found him annoying. There’s some dialogue here and there that I personally don’t think is funny. I like the overall back and fourth with him and his dad. My hope is that he finds out Courtney is Stargirl and tries to cover for her in funny ways so their mom doesn’t know.

7 Likes

I love him. He’s supposed to be an obnoxious little brother, and he plays it so well… and so uniquely, because he’s somehow simultaneously 13 and 40.

7 Likes

I didn’t feel that way in the first two episodes, but he was certainly scripted that way in episode 3!

1 Like

Mike is awesome. He’s a bit of an ass, but endearingly so. He’s not a bad person, but he enjoys life to the fullest every minute which often keeps him from doing the resposible thing.

For me he elevates the show.

-“Prison rules!”
Mike regarding food belonging to family members who leave the dining room

10 Likes

Yes but I think that’s the point.

7 Likes

I like Mike. I should probably refer to him Stripe Jr, since i am tracking the villains’ kids the same way. he’s the right kind of annoying. He should be more into his dog.

5 Likes

I think they’re doing a fine job with the Mike character. They changed him quite a bit from the comics version, but I think it’s a change for the better.

Also, I share his opinion on vegan casserole. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

My thoughts almost exactly. He is overboard disrespectful. During episode 3, my daughter and I both said “Smack the s*** out of him!” at the same time lol

4 Likes

I think his character works for the show

3 Likes

nevertheless, i enjoyed the dog’s cheetos stained face.

6 Likes

He’s okay but it’s only been 3 Episodes I’m sure as time goes on he’ll become more well rounded. I mean I use to despise Joe west on the flash during it’s first season and as the show went on he ended up becoming one of if not my favorite parts of the show. It’s just cause it’s new they are still figuring it all out.

3 Likes

Yikes… I’ve only seen the first two eps, so maybe the third will swing my opinion, but so far, he just seems like a goofy kid who likes to be a bit of a one man show.

I actually found Courtney more irritating at the start. The face of indifference/exasperation she put on when Pat talked about the death of his teammates felt bratty to the extreme. I dont blame her for wanting to get out there and be her own person, but I wished she had done so without treating him like the stepdad who refused to let her take out the car on a Friday night in the process.

Buuuut, I know nothing about Stargirl outside this show, and this is probably all a part of her character growth. :slightly_smiling_face: The actress is doing an awesome job either way.

2 Likes

I don’t find Mike annoying! He’s just a little kid, lol. I was also an obnoxious younger sibling in my day. Maybe he’ll get some character development as the season goes on.

1 Like

I thought the dogs orange face was funny! Yes, he can be a little bratty, but he is adjusting the new home as well.

1 Like

I have this horrible feeling mike ends up with the pen

3 Likes

I like how when Pat is being too cheesy golden age, mike is there to make fun of him. And the golly gee! Perfect! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Allow me to pose an interesting hypothetical. If Courtney is based up
Geoff’s Johns’ sister. And Geoff Johns has said that Barbara Whitmore is based on his mom. Does that mean that Mike is Geoff Johns?

6 Likes

I think that’s kind of the point. I imagine I was just as much of an obnoxious little dweeb when I was a teenager.

1 Like

Or in the armor if something bad happens. :frowning_face: