Does Anyone Else Have An Issue With Stargirl On Earth 2?

Everything from the Arrowverse is set on a single Earth post-Crisis.

The series that exist(ed) as part of the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse are not a part of the Arrowverse; they merely exist(ed) alongside it.

2 Likes

This is good to know. I totally forgot that the JSA existed in the arrowverse

3 Likes

In Smallville, too!

Wow…we’re on our third live action iteration of the Justice Society of America. How incredible is that!

5 Likes

Excellent points. I really couldn’t have said it better.

1 Like

Hell yeah

I agree with the sentiment that Snyder was the problem, not the solution. Steppenwolf was an absurd uninteresting punching bag as a villain, and to build an entire JL movie around him was a recipe for failure. Whedon was handed a lemon and at least succeeded in producing weak lemonade. It could’ve been worse, as I suspect we’ll see when the humorless Snyder cut emerges.

1 Like

The Arrowverse had no issues crossing over to Supergirls Earth. I’m ok with them being on separate Earths. I’m happy the multiverse exists.

3 Likes

Well it seems as if I’m the only one that would have preferred if Stargirl was on earth prime. I think that since we know Stargirl will crossover with the earth prime anyway it would be best to set it on earth prime and just not have her come across any of the other heroes until the crossover simply because they just didn’t see each other. In the end, all that matters is that the show is good and even if I am in the minority I’m happy to see I at least created some discussion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I for one don’t really care about the specifics of how things are interconnected that much.

If they want to do a crossover between DCU shows with CW shows, it is immaterial to me whether they are on the same earth or a universe crossing plot device or thingamajig has to be used (what were those portal devices called on the CW?).

What matters to me is how entertaining the interactions, story and visuals are.

2 Likes

Well said, @moro!

2 Likes

Pre-Crisis, Supergirl being set on Earth-38 had no effect on its status as being a part of the Arrowverse because it was designed to fit into that particular ‘shared continuity universe’ from its inception.

The nature of the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse has always been such that it can exist in tandem with various other DC Comics media franchises without having to make its narrative history match that of said other franchises and gives it the freedom to cherry-pick which elements of said franchises it wants to narratively recognize as impacting its own narrative history.

1 Like

Honestly, part of what I enjoy about Stargirl is that right now there is no connection to the greater Arrowverse. I feel like it makes the show something of higher quality, both in terms of production and in terms of storytelling.

4 Likes

Let’s also not forget that there’s already a JSA WITH a Stargirl on Earth Prime (or at least there was).

Having Stargirl on Earth Prime would just lead to so many unanswered questions. The show also has a pretty different style than all of the Arrowverse shows. Sure, the various shows have different TONES, but they all use a pretty similar style (color pallete, costuming, set design, direction, etc.) Stargirl is pretty different from them in style so she would just feel super out of place. Maybe have her cross over in a couple years, but I like that she has her own world for now.

4 Likes