Does Anyone Else Have An Issue With Stargirl On Earth 2?

Allow me to begin by clarifying that I have seen EVERYTHING in the Arrowverse/Multiverse (the core shows, Smallville, Birds of prey, The 90s Flash, the Christopher Reed movies, etc). After all, I am a huge DC fanboy so maybe this is a stupid complaint. Supergirl and Black Lightning always felt very disconnected from the Arrowverse to me. I was super happy to see that Crisis fixed that completely and finally got all the core shows under one roof. I was very happy for a short period of time and then Stargirl came out and it was set outside of earth prime.

I would just like everything in the Arrowverse on one earth so the world feels more connected. I am not saying anything about the quality of the show, I just think it would be better located on earth prime since it’s going to cross over anyway. I just wanted to know if Anyone else felt the same way.

2 Likes

I don’t mind it. Given the Justice Society has its roots in Earth-2, even though Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. has its roots Post-Crisis, it makes sense.

Plus, all the other DC Universe shows take place on other earths so it’s not jarring

13 Likes

That is a very fair point,

1 Like

It’s a fair point only cuz this is what crisis is suppose to fix but it didn’t and we can thank contracts for that. Just finally got threw 10 episodes of batwoman and you got to admit they didn’t handle it well even with contracts, ignoring the fact entirely for their “story” instead … it might just be to much to ask of Warner brothers and atnt to give us an honest connected universe in any compacity… of course what do I know I’m just waiting for an honest batman TV show again and fox / Disney probably won’t ever let me have that…

2 Likes

I feel you completely man, the lack of Batman up until now has been super unfortunate but with Superman getting his own arrowverse show soon there is hope for the bat as well. Although I’d love to blame contracts, marvel has gotten around it so it kinda feel more like laziness.

2 Likes

I dont follow the Arrowverse shows so closely, so I dont really have much invested in this, but it seems like a good idea to me. The premise of Stargirl relies on the JSA being completely killed off (besides Stripesy). Would it be a good thing to have the other Arrowverse shows tied to that backstory? I know some of the JSA characters have been in Arrowverse shows, and they werent all from other universes. If they made Stargirl exist in the same universe, that would mean those other JSA characters couldnt make any new appearances. That, or they would need to change Stargirl’s premise.

Also, existing in another universe wouldnt necessarily preclude crossovers. Its happened often enough in the comics.

3 Likes

So I see your point and thank you for admitting that you don’t follow the shows closely. The JSA already existed in the arrowverse and were all killed off, this happened in season 2 (maybe 3) of legends. So all the members currently in Star girl that died aren’t going to make any appearances anyways and all the ones alive could be alive on earth prime as well. Based on the fact that you don’t follow them closely I can see how this would go unnoticed. So star girl could easily exist on the same earth without screwing with continuity. You have a really decent point with the comics and as a casual viewer I can see why that wouldn’t bother you.

2 Likes

I’ve also seen all of the Arrowverse shows and im glad it’s not on their low budget universe. It’s not good enough to hold the best parts of DC. It has a natural ceiling on how good it can be because it’s on network tv. I’d rather a network like HBO or DC Universe have the consolidated universe and the CW be it’s own thing . They aren’t restrained and can share all the gritty story’s that makes DC great. One season of Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol was more enjoyable to me than every season of the CW shows.

6 Likes

The thing is though it is in there low budget universe just in the same way that supergirl was pre crisis

1 Like

Didnt the JSA that the Legends dealt with already have a Stargirl, who is now in Camelot? (I dont watch Legends, but I know of that plot arc.) I assumed that we were working with the assumption that that plotline didn’t belong to Earth Prime, unless youre saying they should have just had the show focus on that Courtney Whitmore. Also, with or without the JSA that were in Legends, isnt Ted Grant (from Arrow) still alive?

4 Likes

Stargirl wasn’t designed to be part of the Arrowverse at all, and given that Greg Berlanti is an EP on Stargirl and is basically the Kevin Feige of the Arrowverse, this was clearly a conscious decision. They wanted room to breathe. Plus, the Arrowverse already has it’s own version of the JSA.

5 Likes

Couldn’t they just say Stargirl is set pre‐crisis? Is there any reference to the happenings of Arrowverse, such as Zoom and Crisis? I haven’t had a chance to watch yet.

If the show is before crisis and they want Stargirl to be in a crossover next year, then when heroes meet the can either give a quick summary or just run with the idea that the JSA doesn’t realize the world changed. That idea was touched on in the aftermath anyway.

1 Like

The show is Post-Crisis because it takes place on the new Earth-2.

I’m sure we’ll eventually see a crossover. But I think they want a season or two to establish the world and the characters.

Besides, most of the members of Earth Prime don’t know the multiverse still exists. They think it’s dead.

2 Likes

Not everything needs to connect or tie together… that thinking is literally what sunk justice league… rushing to make everything fit together doesn’t work…if it does great sure…if not, let it stand alone.

3 Likes

Justice league wasn’t ruined cause it was rushed. It was ruined cause Whedon took over Snyders movie and changed a lot of it for no reason

4 Likes

I am seeing the main response be “They need to establish the world and characters so it can’t be on earth prime” However, flash was able to establish a what felt like a different world while still being on earth prime (or earth one) so why can’t Stargirl. Maybe the JSA Was always around but just wasn’t relevant to arrow and flash so it never got brought up. I know that not everything needs to tie together, but isn’t that what we all love about dc comics that although they’ll never meet, when booster gold closes his eyes he visits Sandman in the dreaming. Or maybe that Zeus made a deal with Lucifer to get the materials required for the spell that made Wonder Woman. Then when Wonder Woman meets booster gold we know all these characters are somewhere on the same earth.

And the X-men appeared in how many MCU movies, exactly?

Even Marvel only had a mostly shared universe.

Should we even get into the fact that they totally ignore the original Incredible Hulk tv show.

Multiverses are DC’s thing. They created the multiverse in comics, and it has served them well.

4 Likes

JL wasn’t rushed. It was on schedule.

1 Like

Personally, I’m quite relieved that Stargirl is on its own earth. Had it been set on Earth Prime, there would’ve been way too many questions and obstacles in the way of Johns’ vision for the show, and several of them have already been brought up in this thread. I’d like to add that I think separating Stargirl from the rest reinforces the concept that Courtney is ushering in a new generation of heroes to combat the Injustice Society. I mean, if the Earth Prime selection of heroes were around this whole time, then it would stand to reason that Pat or Rex would’ve reached out to them at some point for help in taking down the ISA.

4 Likes

I have to disagree. I liked the JL movie, but I think Whedon ruined it with his campy, bright, pretty colors, and the lack of humanizing his characters. That’s not what DC is. I don’t know, I just think the MCU is boring trash, that was made for kids. Honestly, I don’t ever want DC/WB to take that route with most of their material.

1 Like