Does Anyone DISAGREE with Wally West being the Fastest DCU Character and Why?

I think most people can give the connections as to how Wally is the Fastest in the DCU, but MAYBE YOU HAVE ANOTHER HERO OR VILLAIN IN MIND!
If you can connect any other reasons to Show why there is a Faster character, LET ME HEAR IT!

3 Likes

I wrote about this in my column once! I’d like to make an argument for John Fox, Wally’s descendant from the distant future, who’s shown to be even more attuned to speed than he is. But barring future speedsters, I’d say Wally is the fastest man alive.

4 Likes

He’s certainly the fastest murderer alive.

Too soon? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Future include…but please explain. Correct me if I’m wrong, Fox need’s a Special Suit to time travel as he was a Tachyon Physicist that went to get the Flashes from the Past but didn’t find them. he became a speedster from a flawed return trip to like 2600 or something yeah?
Doesn’t he go back to save the world after realizing Wally West wouldn’t be around for it, But wally show’s up and not only Saves the DAy anyway but the helps Fox escape Speedster Robot Time Police?

1 Like

Word, Heroes in Crisis was sorta a Bummer for my man. Have you read Flash Foward?

2 Likes

Not yet.

2 Likes

:flash_hv_5: No Spoilers Then. It’s a follow up to HIC.

1 Like

It’s not the speed it’s what you do with it.
Speed without purpose or control is not speed, it’s simply velocity. I’ll side with @HubCityQuestion on John Fox for velocity.

But when it comes to speed and being the fastest man alive. Barry did more with less and he didn’t need no stinking Speed Force either.

Barry Allen is the fastest man alive.

4 Likes

OK, So let’s stick with my question about Fastest Character, not most creative speedster. Can you explain how Fox is Faster than Wally?

2 Likes

I think any speedster with in-depth knowledge of tachyons has a leg up.

And I’ll stick by my original premise. At some point you can travel faster than the speed of light and time travel, essentially “speedster terminal velocity” A lot of speedsters can match that. So what you can do with the speed you have counts.

1 Like

OK, and that’s Fare. But does it make him Faster? I just read Waid’s Race against time. I’m still not sure what makes him a Faster Character. He’s a cool Character, except telling Linda the future, messing with her emotions, and causing Wally to lose his anchor. But there isn’t any evidence he’s faster?
What Comic or Story makes you believe he is capable of Faster speeds then any other character in the DCU? Just to try and stay on the topic about fastest Character and why…

1 Like

If you want to start a topic about the most clever way to use Speedster Power, tag me. I like the topic. It would probably get a bunch of comments.

1 Like

I made it a spoiler. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is what I don’t get. If you can travel through time and therefore space. It doesn’t matter how long it takes you to get there. You can still arrive at the same moment. Taking 5 seconds or 5 minutes to do that is kinda irrelevant.

When there was only one adult speedster, the title of “fastest man alive” was a way to distinguish them from Superman. With so many speedsters running around these days (pun sooooo intended) it’s seems like a pretty weak sauce title anymore, and yes, even with Barry back in the mix.

1 Like

They probably made Wally fastest because so many fans liked him more than Barry.

:-1: I don’t know if the fan’s would agree with you. PEOPLE LOVE THEM SOME BARRY ALLEN! I LOVE ME SOME BARRY ALLEN. Wally is more “My kinda guy”, so wishing I was Wally, also means I would TOTALLY LOoK UP TO BARRY! Wally is Jealous of the Tornado Twins because they are Really Barry’s Kids, And The Twin’s dislike Wally because (Edit brought to my attention by @golddragon71 ) they grew up hearing stories about Wally spending time with their Dad while they didn’t have the chance to…

2 Likes

Actually, as I recall, The twins originally grew up without Barry because he had died a few months before they were born. As a result, they grew up on stories about their father and cousin and they grew jealous of Wally because he actually got to grow up knowing their father in a way they never could.

2 Likes

Absolutely. There is a generation of fans that may like Wally more, but there are multiple generations of fans love Barry more than Wally.

Barry Allen is the heart of the DC Universe, WW filled the void as best she could in Barry’s absence, and Diana knew it. It’s one of the reasons she was a just a touch protective of Wally in JL/JLU.

1 Like

Word, that is canon. More accurate for sure.

1 Like

I wanted to tag you about a different subject and ask what you think of the Art. It’s off subject but check this out when you get the chance. I want to know your opinion so far…