Does anybody know of any batman stories/comics written by women?

I’ve been really interested in comics written by women recently but I haven’t found any batman stories with women authors. Any recommendations?

2 Likes

As I recall, Gail Simone did a story in DetCo 1000, but otherwise, I’m afraid the big-name Batman writers have all been dudes. I could be wrong though, so if any come to mind I’ll mention it here.

1 Like

OK, so I’ve been racking my brain all day, and I haven’t really come up with anything. That said, I can’t help but ask: why the fascination with stories written by female comic writers? Quite frankly, the sex of the writer was never something I looked into before I picked up a comic, and maybe it’s just the philosopher in me, but I’m curious as to why this would be relevant to your tastes in comic books.

It came up when I got Marguerite Bennett to sign my copy of DC’s Bombshells volume #1. I just thought it was so cool to have such a cool woman that has written many of my favorite DC stories sign my copy and I as I was putting it back on my shelf I realized that most of the DC comics I had on my shelf were written by women. It got me thinking… I didn’t set out to buy only woman written comics. Im the kind of gal that goes to the comic shop downtown and looks at the cool cover art and flips through the first few pages before buying a new book. It just got me wondering… do I like women written comics better? If so why? I wanted to test my theory by reading a few women written batman comics, because I LOVE the character but have only read male written comics so it seemed fair game, only to feel dismayed when I couldn’t find any. I’m not trying to prove that women written comics are superior to men or any of that nonsense… I was mostly trying to test a personal theory that at the very least would end in another comic I liked.

2 Likes

Devin Grayson

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

There is a topic on her writing, which you could search for.