do you think Robin is better as nightwing or robin? (a.k.a dick grayson)

Robin as we all know, the 2nd one, (Jason todd) from comics, shows, titians etc… but were not talking about him, were talking about dick grayson, the first Robin. My question was he better as Robin or nightwing?

1 Like

Nightwing for sure, but I do enjoy him a d batman together.

1 Like

Nightwing, he has more character depth when he is older, and he is also more free to fight how he sees fit which allows him to let loose every once in a while.

1 Like

Robin. I think Nightwing’s costume is really boring, and his name’s like one from the dark ages (1990s), where it’s just two cool-sounding words stuck together.

Nightwing for sure

1 Like

That’s almost a hard pick, I got to go with Nightwing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nightwing. However, I do enjoy seeing him team with Batman. Their dynamic and the way they work together in unseen in the others. Batman works best with Dick. But that does not by any means mean I like Dick best as a sidekick because I DO NOT!

1 Like

Generally, Dick was actually pretty boring in his Robin years. I like him as Robin in the first season of Young Justice but he’s otherwise just kind of meh. But as Nightwing, he’s got the whole character arc of breaking out of Batman’s shadow and becoming his own man, he’s got most of his history with the Titans, he’s got the cool-big-brother dynamic with the younger Bat-Family members, and he’s just generally awesome. I actually also really enjoy when Batman and Nightwing partner up, like early in Under the Red Hood and stuff. It’s an interesting dynamic because with the possible exception of Superman, Dick is probably the person who knows Bruce the best who isn’t a younger sidekick like the later Robins or an older mentor like Alfred. While we don’t need another Bat-book, I’d totally read a Batman/Nightwing team-up series. Maybe a miniseries or something.

Actually, since I mentioned Superman, that makes me think of another thing: While I hate the “Batman and Superman hate each other/are rivals” angle that’s been pushed on-and-off since the Crisis, one good thing that came out of it is the interesting idea that Dick actually gets along better with Clark, to the point that Superman even inspired Nightwing’s name. I feel like their relationship is something that was supposed to be important but never really got explored adequately beyond a couple throwaway scenes here and there.

2 Likes

Dick Grayson is better as Nightwing, on the whole. That’s partially just due to character development, and partially due to the fact that it was an instance of actually allowing a character to age finally.

1 Like

He’s better as Nightwing but he’s also the best Robin.

2 Likes

When I was a kid? Robin. But now that I’m older I like nightwing more. Really it’s hard because it’s almost like the character grows with you. Both versions are special and have excellent character.

I prefer him as Nightwing. My favorite Robin is Tim Drake.

1 Like

Dick excels as a character in any role he’s in (except for ric, sorry for bringing it up). Dick himself is arguably more important than his super-persona in my opinion

1 Like