do you think it's time for characters to die/retire and stay that way

It will never happen and if I’m being honest as much as I would like to see it I really don’t think it should happen.

Here’s where I think that both Infinite Crisis and especially Flashpoint failed to deliver on their potential. IC brought back the multiverse, so we really didn’t need someone like Barry Allen to come back to the main timeline. He could have been off having adventures in DC’s answer to Marvel’s Ultimate universe instead. It’s even more annoying with the New 52. Instead of rebooting the entire universe, why not have Barry end up in one of the parallel Earths (preferably Earth One, since they were already introducing that timeline with graphic novels) without even realizing it? DC could then begin the process of “retiring” the older characters of the post-Crisis universe while resting assured that those characters have a new lease on life in their younger Earth One forms. And no, it wouldn’t be confusing to people if they did their branding right, e.g. “New DCU” for fresh readers and “DCU Legacy” for old fans.

1 Like

StarofLyra said it best!