Do you think Batman would be able to exist in real life?

Naw. The read comics for the unreality of it all, the costumes, the villains, and of course the heroism. The reason why Batman couldn’t exist in real life is that in the really real world bullets kill people. Eventually whoever this Batman is would find himself shot to crap with a semi-automatic being used by someone who has training on how to use firearms. Useless Batman changed up his whole style then it would only be a matter of time before he meets a not so heroic end probably shot dead by some random dude who just got lucky.

That’s why I appreciate realistic villains like Deadshot and Deathstroke (besides his healing regen lmao). Hitmen/Assassins are present in modern day society. You just never know who you’ve crossed paths with in your life and didn’t know…

:eyes:

From The Oatmeal webcomic:
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/realistic_batman

1 Like

@InMagno, Modern assassins usually blend in with the crowd

2 Likes

@Redhood: Exactly. You never know who’s lurking out in public.

Same with Private Investigators.

@Redhood: I have a feeling you would love watching Buzzfeed’s Outsmarted series. Highly recommend it!

@redhood you’re basically describing a special opps team assigned to a big city, wearing costumes instead of uniforms

@InMagno, I will check it out

@BrightNight, yeah that’s a good comparison

Hrm… Personally, I feel like a large part of Batman’s character is that he isn’t beholden to outside, and possibly corrupt, influencers. He might be a part of a team and sometimes even a legally implemented one, but Batman isn’t really an employee. Making him government sponsored would fundamentally change him from being a vigilante to either an undercover officer or a mercenary - depending on how cynical you feel.

Another hero could fit this role, though. Does anyone have any ideas about which non-powered hero could work? I’d love to hear some suggestions!

1 Like