Do you read all of the tie-ins for large events?

Most of the time yeah because even if I try to skip my head will be thinking of what if something happened so I do it. Most of the time I enjoy it sometimes it just confuses me more.

1 Like

I have read plenty of storylines with all the tie in issues. However, when I did it was because I was reading them as they came out. Now in the last ten to fifteen years I have felt the burn out for large cross over events. It now depends on my interest in the event and issues included. It also comes down to cost, when I was a kid and issues were sixty to seventy five cents an issue it was a lot easier to get all the time in issues.

I started with the Millennium event as a kid and I was excited as it was the first event of it’s kind I was getting.

1 Like

No man’s land better just read in tpb it’s still overwhelming. It’s good time read it now .

1 Like

It goes both ways. If I like the event I read everything. If I don’t like the event I tend to drop titles.

2 Likes

I read everything, tie ins and main storyline.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

I used to, but I think ever since Day of Judgment I learned what a bad idea that was. Mind you, I was used to that period of time where the events took place in Annuals (Armageddon 2001, Eclipso: The Darkness Within, Bloodlines, etc) so I knew about tie-ins and how some weren’t as great as others. Once we started hitting stuff like Day of Judgment where normal series would be interrupted by a tie-in issue and a good chunk of the time it barely had anything to do with the overall story, I figured I could sit some tie-ins out.

Tie-ins can be tricky. Sometimes they’ll have nothing to do with the overall story and you wonder why you wasted your money. Sometimes they’ll have something that’s essential to the overall story and then they barely mention it in the overall story which makes you wonder why they put a critical piece of information here rather than the main book.

I think tie-ins are a good cash grab, but they’re not necessary.

1 Like

I used to read every single tie in. Not only that, but since I don’t like to skip issues or start in the middle of the run, I would backtrack and catch up to all the series that were a part of it. It’s also a way to find new series to read. Downside was that I kept getting stuck since I was basically forcing myself to read comics I’m not interested in at that point,

Long story short, I decided to just read main issues, just to be aware what was happening and maybe reread it once I’m caught up to the main actors in the event and could understand what was happening (ie reading some of the Crisis events just made me more confused).

2 Likes

I read this event in a series of 4 paperbacks, each over 400 pages. Collected all the tie-ins in perfect order. It was a great story and I’m glad The paperbacks mapped it out and I could just read and not worry about missing any issues. If you don’t want an actual book, I would recommend reading it here and reading each issue you possibly can, I think DC universe may even put it in order for you. I later found out, you may want to read cataclysm before starting this event.

1 Like

I can only remember doing this with Kinighfall, Death/Return of Superman, and NML.

1 Like

I try to but it very difficult because I always something new, I think I read all of flashpoint paradox tie in comics but I’m not sure

1 Like