Do you prefer graphic novels or single issues?

Depends on the situation and the writer. There are some writers that I feel just read better in trade then they do in single issues so books by those writers I always read in trade regardless. Most current stuff I get in single issues though.

For some reason I prefer single issues when I’m buying digital. When it comes to physical, I much prefer trades. I just never am good at storing single issue comics and would rather have hardcovers over paperback.

Graphic Novel. I like it being on my book shelf

Issues! Everyone at my lcbs yells at me for only buying issues. Heh. The ads and smell are part of the reading experience.

I’m fine with either. I just want a complete story arc.

One of the many benefits of digital is that there are largely no ads in digital single issues. Oh sure, there’s an ad or two for an in-house product (new series, trade, etc) but there are no ads for miscellaneous non-DC things like there are in print (never bothered me, just sayin’).

Both but individual issue if I’m reading current, but graphic novels like earth one, blackest night, hush are great

1 Like

For sitting down and reading I prefer graphic novels but for collecting its the single issues.