Do You Know Where Your Fave Is?

Ice aka Tora Olafsdotter is currently appearing in Today’s issue of Human Target.

(She’s Drawn Beautifully and for the Most Part her characterization is totally on point!)!

However, her Origin Recap is spoiled by that Godawful retcon Judd Winnick Invented in Justice League: Generation Lost!

I don’t know if Tom King ever read anything between the Giffen/DeMatteis run and her Death in Justice League Task Force…
But in Justice League America #78-95 Ice returns to her Nordic Ice Kingdom and fights with her tyrannical Brother who murders their father and uses power Granted by the Overmaster to take control. The Justice League get involved and after her brother is defeated, Tora ends up with enhanced Ice Powers, Super strength. and the ability to fly!

The whole Ice’s Ice Kingdom was just a fairy tale seems like it was retconned out either by someone who thought the League had never visited it, so it doesn’t matter.
Or they’re burying it because the Secret Origins issue it was originally told in was written by Gerard Jones
(If that’s the case… They might as well undo Hal’s Dad dying in a Test Flight because that appeared in Green Lantern Emerald Dawn first!)

3 Likes

Whatever happened to the original ISIS character that was licensed for use by DC back in the 70s? With her time “up” at DC, was she allowed to pass away “off camera” in some heroic manner fighting the Anti-Monitor during CRISIS, perhaps?

Prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths, the only appearances of Isis in the comics were in tie-ins to the ISIS and SHAZAM! TV series – meaning she was never integrated into DC comic book continuity, proper. That wouldn’t happen until 2006’s 52 series, when, as Adrianna Tomaz, Isis was introduced as a romantic interest for Black Adam. From 2006-2011, Isis was a major part of the ongoing Black Adam story as Geoff Johns worked on building Adam into a major figure in the DC Universe. But after the Flashpoint continuity restructure, Isis disappeared from the comics again. Partially due to a long stringing out of a restructure of the Shazam storyline from the ground up, but also for what should be obvious, name-related reasons as they arose around 2014. Since then, Adrianna has gone on to appear in the Bombshells Elseworlds series, and a character very loosely based on her appears in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but that’s really it.

2 Likes

What about Kismet? DC’s answer to Marvel’s Eternity? Sparsely used over the years, the last time I saw “her” was in the JLA/Avengers blockbuster by Busiek & Perez.

And where might I find Cynthia Reynolds (aka Gypsy) these days, in the New DCU? She used to have ties to Birds of Prey, as I recall.

1 Like

I’ve recently become fascinated with Angel and the Ape. Is the DC Universe still a place where Gorilla Grodd’s gorilla grandson can solve crimes with an Amazon’s step-daughter?

3 Likes

Has Kate Spencer been up to anything?

2 Likes

i would if The Revolutionaries will return

1 Like

Once upon a time, the name of Starfire was well known in the DCU. As it applied to 2 other characters before Kory was introduced in the New Teen Titans. One was a Russian with ties to the original Titans. The other was another hot alien babe who wore a tight fitting camouflage outfit. And I keep thinking there was a third, who was a villain. Whatever happened to them?

2 Likes

Last time I saw the Green Clad Starfire was in the miniseries Time Masters: Vanishing Point

3 Likes

Back in the day, a new character was introduced by Roy Thomas for his popular, and continuing adventures of the JSA, in All-Star Squadron. His name was Amazing-Man, and he was a product of his times. Beginning as a villain, he would go on to gain hero status, and join the Squadron. He also underwent changes over time (including his powers), and later family members carried on his legacy. The last being Marcus Clay, a much more modern take on the character.

Was Will Everett ever reintroduced into the new DCU, following all that’s happened since Rebirth?

2 Likes

Have we seen Hawkwoman (as opposed to Hawkgirl) since Venditti’s run on Hawkman ended?

2 Likes

How many members of the former Justice League Elite, other than Green Arrow, Flash and “Kasumi” are still active in the DCU? And where are they now?

In 2019, the animation wing of Warner Bros, in conjunction with DC, gave us Justice League vs Fatal 5. A pretty good action feature, which also gave us first time players Starboy and the Jessica Cruz Green Lantern. And since I’ve always been big fans of this interplanetary quintet of marauders, I’ve been wondering about their appearances in the DCU since Rebirth. More specifically, have they ever run up against any print iteration of the League, in current continuity?

2 Likes

All right, it’s been a while, so let’s catch up on these. Kismet is still active in the DC Universe, although rarely seen, as one of the Lords of Order. You can spot her in Eternity Girl #3, and Generations Forged.

Cindy Reynolds is definitely due for a comeback, and also a new codename. She was most recently a featured character in 2013’s short-lived Justice League of America’s Vibe, reimagined as “Cynnthia Mordeth” – the dimension-hopping daughter of an interdimensional despot, Breacher.

3 Likes

They haven’t been very active, but both do make a momentary appearance in 2019’s Dial H for Hero #1, establishing they’re still around.

5 Likes

Kate has been running with the newest incarnation of Checkmate, led by- if you can believe it- a time-displaced, adult Kamandi. Kate has spent most of the last couple years trying to take down former Manhunter Mark Shaw, leader of Leviathan.

5 Likes

They have! You can see them poking around in Superman, Son of Kal-El. They work with Jon Kent’s new boyfriend, Jay Nakamura, in trying to take down the oppressive government of Gamorra Island.

3 Likes

Has Hacken (from Hitman) been up to anything since All-Star Section Eight?

2 Likes

The first Starfire you speak of, Leonid Kovar, changed his name to Red Star around the time the now more familiar Starfire showed up. As seen in Doomsday Clock, he’s alive and well as one of Russia’s premiere superheroes.

Time Masters: Vanishing Point was the last canonical appearance of the green-clad Starfire, but she’s also more recently appeared in 2017’s Kamandi Challenge, as a vision of another possible future of Earth.

The third Starfire was a Bronze Age Supergirl villain, who was last seen in 1971’s Adventure Comics #407. She swore revenge on Supergirl after she brought her to justice, but that vengeance has yet to come.

4 Likes

Will Everett has been absent from mainstream continuity for a long time, but not much focus has been afforded to heroes ensconced in the Golden Age over the past decade. He was a major figure in the JSA as featured in Injustice: Year Zero, and was reimagined as League of Assassins member Onyx Adams’ grandfather recently in the Young Justice animated series.

5 Likes