Do You Know What A Baldy Award Is?

in Clint Eastwood voice

Well, do ya…punk?

Just kidding on the punk part of course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yes yes it is a “prize” that they would give you if they liked your fan letter back in the 90’s for Superman fans.

2 Likes

dictated but not read by Lex.

1 Like

hands a Baldy to Aquamon

That’s two for you today.

3 Likes

:older_man::clap::clap: They all laughed at me when I said I was gonna make it. Look at me now mamma! :joy:

4 Likes

To quote Cagney: “Top of the world ma!”

2 Likes

I also know what a baldy is, but I don’t know why it’s called a baldy. Have any idea Vroom?

1 Like

@BatWatch It’s in relation to Metropolis’ #1 bald villain: Lex Luthor.

1 Like

If they give it to the wrong person, would you say they award the baldy badly?

2 Likes

This is why the letter pages should be digitized. Thanks for da memories, vroom!

1 Like

I’m sad. I didn’t get into comics until after letters pages were basically dead. I’d like them to digitalize those pages so I can experience them.

1 Like

No need to kid some of us. I’m a punk and damn proud of it!!

1 Like

I rarely read the letters pages largely because I bought used comics where I wouldn’t necessarily have any idea of what had happened in previous issues being discussed. We basically are on the modern equivalent of letters pages right here.

It would be interesting though to have all the ad inserts, letters pages and other stuff still in the issue. It would need to be optional, but I’ve often got a kick of seeing what toys, movies and games were coming out at the time. Occasionally, I’ll look up something on YourlTube I see in a comic out of curiosity.

I suppose it would be free advertising from DC for continuing brands to do that though, so I doubt it will happen.

Flipping through back issues and seeing the ads of the time is always fun.

2 Likes

I received a baldy award that I still appreciate to this very day. I had two letters printed within the Superman Man of Steel run of comics. The 1st one is what I was awarded the baldy for and my letter was printed in issue 51. I also wrote in about Huntress #1 and my letter was printed in issue #3.

2 Likes

Have you ever seen what a Baldy Award looks like?

1 Like

Let’s see it!

Indeed I have, including the one you posted yesterday. Baldy’s are neat. :clark_hv_4:

tagged you in the picture

@Vroom is your profile pic from Phil Cho art for Earth-27: Heroes?

1 Like