Do You Guys Think DC Could Aquire TMNT?

It would be insane!!!

I did hear a rumor that the TMNT comic book is ending on issue 100 & that IDW has not renewed the license for TMNT comics. This would be huge for DC to get the licensing rights & we could have more DC Turtles crossovers. Almost like an ongoing team-up series. Not just with DC characters. You can do Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo & other Hanna Barbera characters.

2 Likes

The hype is real! That would be absolutely nuts!!!

Innacurate. IDW has done a great job with the TMNT comics and has worked hard towards the countdown to issue 100. The book will last past that as well because writers & artists for the book have stated they’ll be doing work on issues post #100 as well.

Seriously the mindset that one or two companies need to own everything is just gross! Its gross when Marvel/Disney shills do it and its gross when we do it too!

3 Likes

I would like that a lot.

2 Likes

Not gonna happen unless Time Warner buys Paramount, which I don’t see happening.

1 Like

Own… No

But there is a chance that IDW doesn’t renew their license and DC decide to buy the comic license. But they wouldn’t actually own to characters.

Kind of like Buffy just moved from Dark Horse to Boom.

1 Like

Is all this speculation based solely on the animated movie?

1 Like

@Mr_Morbach yeah!!!

I’d actually like the TMNT in the DC universe. I think that’d work pretty well. To be far, I absolutely love that Batman crossover miniseries they did not too long ago.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the animated movie, but I feel like the idea of the Turtles interacting with the DCU is something better left occasional rather than consistent. I can see the “neat” factor in it, but I feel like the concept is more novel than practical; it would get old real fast, and end up as just another thing that didn’t need to happen.
Have them meet in video games and company crossovers every once in a while? Sure. Go for it (I’ll check out the next Bats crossover not written by Tynion).
Warp the canon and include them to talk about the Green Lantern Corp and join the Justice League? Pass.