Do We Have a Group For Graded Comic Collectors

Here is one of mine. I have a few more I’ll post later.
1st dc appearance of mister mind and tawny the talking tiger.

8 Likes

I don’t spend a ton on slabs. I always see things that would make me grade higher/lower. Also, every slab I’ve ever seen has tiny debris in it. This is an unavoidable part of the process, I’m sure. Little specks of paper.

I’ve seen people get slabs back with hair in them. :grimacing:

But… I’m a big Young Justice fan though. Titans too. I have Flash 92 9.8, DC Comics Presents 26 SS (Perez) 9.8, Batman 436 9.8, and Adventures of Superman 500 Platinum Edition 9.8.

(I also have a few X titles, but I won’t talk about that here.)

3 Likes

Thanks everyone that’s shared their thoughts and opinions on this comment thread, I enjoy seeing and hearing about all of your collections!

1 Like

I’m just starting to get my big books graded, but here’s what I have from DC thus far.

Watchmen…7.5, I read it too much over the years. :wink:
Sandman…9.6, very happy with that.

Batman 423 - 9.2, but that cover is great and isn’t going down in value anytome soon.
Killing Joke 1st print - 9.6, pleased with that.
Detective Comics 80th Anniversary Giant - 9.6, literally only one book is graded higher in the CGC census, just over 3,000 in print according to comics.org.

I have a few more that I hope to get graded this year, but I was hoping to get some signatures first and that’s getting slowed down due to COVID-19. All in time!

7 Likes

Batman 423 is such a great cover.

5 Likes

Got her little over a month ago. She’s the only one I have that’s in one of them fancy cases but I love her. Crazy how fast this went up in price in just a few years. Took me a year to find one at a decent price. Any Seven to Eternity fans out there?

5 Likes

6 Likes

Oh WOW Nice! :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m glad I had it graded, but I missed the crazy prices fad. So I figured I’d keep it and now happy to have the uncensored Bat Dong

8 Likes

Here’s another one.

4 Likes

:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I think CGC raised their prices within the past couple years didn’t they?

I would think they have, the market with comics and really anything always fluctuates. I know since this COVID bs, they’ve been doing a bunch more stuff online. I think they even revamped their website a bit as well.

1 Like

They used to have a bulk grading deal for comics valued under 300$ I can’t remember if the price went up or if they did away with that.

1 Like

This may be dumb question, but what is a slab? Is it the comic after it’s been graded and placed in a case? (This thread is very informative btw, I had very little knowledge about grading before reading it!)

2 Likes

That’s exactly it! A “slabbed comic”. Or just a slab

1 Like

I’m not sure i would have to log in and check, currently sitting on the beach drinking scotch and smoking a cigar.

1 Like

Sounds like there’s a baller on this thread :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not a dumb question and yes that’s exactly what it means, I’m glad you’ve found this thread to be informative/helpful. It wasn’t intended as such but I’m happy it’s turned out to be what it is! Hope you get some good slabs.

2 Likes

@c-m-woodworks.91222 gotcha! :superman_hv_4:

@RyanSteele0311 yeah, this thread has definitely piqued my interest in graded/slabbed comics! I really wanna start looking into them more seriously!

2 Likes