Dive Back In - Feature Removed?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just adding that Iā€™ve also had this issue for a week or so on the app on a Samsung Galaxy tablet. Submitting to support now as well.

4 Likes

Iā€™m also missing this feature on my Android tablet.
Iā€™d love it back.

1 Like

Same here with my Samsung tablet. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Any news on this from the team?

4 Likes

Also missing. I realized I have been reading less since the feature disapeared.

1 Like

Dive Back In seems to be back (I say seems, since it still appears buggy and inconsistent on all platforms Iā€™ve tried) on Chrome. Big dealā€“because of the way the Windows app displays (and it is obviously locked in landscape mode), my 15 inch laptop is far too small to view full pages well and is a terrible way to read comics. Last year, I bought a 12.4 inch Samsung S7+ almost solely to read comics; in portrait mode, it is very close to the actual size of a physical comic book (I think it is slightly smaller) and is a terrific device for reading comics. But lack of Dive Back In renders it useless for me. I fail to understand how the tech staff not only appears unable to restore a basic and important featureā€“and one that had always been in the app since I started using it a couple of years agoā€“but almost seems not to care a whole lot.

Pretty much by accident, I found a way to restore Dive Back In on my Android tablet. Well, some of timeā€“it doesnā€™t always work. If you change the app theme from light to dark or vice versa in settings, if you go back to Home, Dive Back In is there. Sometimes. But every time you close and reopen the app, Dive Back In is missing again and you have to do this again. This is absurd and intolerable. My subscription renews next week. If it is not fixed by this weekend, I will likely cancel.

4 Likes

Thanks for the details on the workaround. I know Iā€™ve seen that setting before, but canā€™t seem to locate it now. In any case, as you say, itā€™s not a real fix.

Unfortunately, I subbed for a year and am stuck with it for now. I wonā€™t be making that mistake again, so that I can ā€œdive back outā€ next time a major bug appears that the devs donā€™t seem to think is worth their time to fix. It really isnā€™t acceptable for this kind of service.

1 Like

Really baffled that this still hasnā€™t been fixed

2 Likes

Can we please get an official update? This feature is essential. Thank you

2 Likes

Does the tech team have any leads?

Iā€™ve cancelled over this issue; the app is just far too cumbersome to use without this essential feature. In addition the totally blasĆ© attitude by the moderator in this thread (hereā€™s a hint: this is NOT a minor inconvenience; IMO it breaks the app), which apparently reflects that of the tech staff (have they even spent five minutes on this issue?), really angered me. Admittedly, my tech expertise is near zero, but it seems to me that unless the Dive Back In function was intentionally removed for some incomprehensible reason (I assume that it was not), it shouldnā€™t be that hard to restore a feature that has been an integral part of the app for years. It appears that they have not tried very hard. Or at all.

5 Likes

Hello!

Thanks to everyone who has reported the issue with the Dive Back In feature. I can assure you that the team has been made aware of the issue and theyā€™re working to get it fixed. We are unable to give an ETA at this time as it can take a while to effectively diagnose the cause of the issue, but the team will fix it ASAP. In the meantime, it can be helpful to provide us with some specific data to help with diagnosing the issue such as:

• Your specific device (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S10, Chromebook)
  • Your Operating System version (i.e. Android 11.1, Windows 10)
  • The current version of the DCUI app (if on Mobile)
  • Which browser youā€™re using (if on desktop)
2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy S7 FE
Android 11
DC Infinite is up to date.
Thanks!

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S7
Android 8
Up to date, reinstalled, etc.

On PC, it was broken on Chrome, FireFox, and Edge. It was fixed after a week or so on PC, but is unchanged on android mobile devices.

In case it matters at all, I can tell you what items I have on my ā€œDiveā€ on PC: Supergirl 2005, Green Lantern 2005, WonderWoman 1942, Worlds Finest 1941, the New Krypton event. Most interestingly, Generations Forged and Generations Shattered. No matter how many times I ā€œreadā€ that one, the opposite book (Forged/Shattered) just reappears on my list again, like an endless loop. Now that Iā€™m thinking about it, this did all start after reading those, but it is probably a coincidence.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
Android version 12
DCUI is up to date
Still no dive back in feature

1 Like

I agree that this feature is ESSENTIAL but i dont think its app breaking. In lieu of dive back in, Iā€™ve been going to My DC and going through my reading history. It is annoying and a pain, but the app is still useable.

Google Pixel 5
Android 12 (February 5, 2022 - SQ1A.220205.002)
DC Universe Infinite app is Version 3.3 from October 14, 2021 (latest)

• Sometimes Dive Back In is present, but just as often it is not. Sometimes it returns if I kill the app and re-open it. The app takes longer to open than it used to.

Windows 10 PC
Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

• The Dive Back In feature is always present now, but oftentimes after reading a comic and returning to the home screen the page is only partially presented. I canā€™t scroll down until I reload the page.
2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the information! Iā€™m sure our team greatly appreciates it as well as everyoneā€™s patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My dive back in feature hasnā€™t been present for a while but I at least had some my comic history left. More than half my reading had already been erased and now the rest is gone as well on both browser and the app. I thought it was bad before but Iā€™m pretty much starting on an blank slate with no profile when it comes to the app.