Displaying Comics

Any ideas on how to display comics? Do any of you frame them? any suggestions? Links to products would be helpful, any and all ideas welcome as well. There’s a handful of comics that i would like to display because i really enjoy the cover art but i am not sure how to go about it. Would like to see what ideas/suggestions the community has thanks in advance.

5 Likes

It kinda depends on your budget and how you would like to have them displayed. I know someone recently started remaking the old soinner-racjs but they’re about $300 I think. A little expensive if you ask me, but to each their own, right? I believe there are also frames specifically made hold comics that you can probably find on Amazon or eBay for not too much money. Good luck with your displaying escapades!

4 Likes

I’m a simple man- bags, boards, velcro wall hanging strips.

5 Likes

@DCComicsCrisis Lol I didn’t even think of that! That’s a pretty good idea, mind if I steal it? Right now most of my books are sitting in long boxes, short boxes, or drawers in my dresser. The books that are really special to me I have just leaning up against my bedroom wall on the shelves above my desk. (I also, by some stroke of luck, found an old spinner-rack (made for maps and stuff, not comics, but I didn’t care) for only $30 at a store that was closing down. So that is displaying my favorite comic book seriessss)

3 Likes

@cnzspuk It’s yours, my friend. Take it and run. :grin:

2 Likes

sprints away THANK YOU!

3 Likes

I frame mine, but I make sure to not hang them on walls facing windows. Unless you get a UV film, framed comics are still susceptible to sun damage. With some of them, I spray painted the edges of the frame and put rhinestones on the plastic cover along the edges. If you decide to spray paint, make sure the paint cures for AT LEAST 48 hours before framing the comic, that way even if you bump the comic into the spray painted portions it won’t damage the comic. I’d also recommend using lots of painter’s tape and a cardboard rectangle to make sure spray paint doesn’t get on any part of the frame that will have direct contact with the comic. My office looks fabulous, btw, in a way only gold framed bedazzled comic books can do.

4 Likes

@StarOfLyra, Very, very important piece of advice! :+1:

4 Likes

What great ideas! I’ve been meaning to redecorate my walls… Now just have to pick which comics to put up first! Such possibilities!

4 Likes

@BeastBoy, thats the best part! :smiley:

3 Likes

Another way I display my comics, I use pottery/plate display stands to hold comics on my desk or an end table. They’re fairly cheap (price ranging from $4-15), and I like to get the pretty ones so the small part that does cover the bottom of the comic looks nice. If something must cover any part of a comic, it’s gotta at least be pretty LOL

1 Like

thanks so much everyone all the input is greatly appreciated, i am definitely leaning more towards framing the comics but have to find frames with the UV protection. Again thanks for all the great ideas.

2 Likes

I get mine slabbed/graded as it’s nice to have the stats and details on hand for anyone not familiar with the issue. Plus you can get real nice wall mounts for slabs so I can save shelf space!

2 Likes

@RedHood The problem with that is that if you have a considerable amount if books that you want to display, grading them can get very expensive very quickly

2 Likes

I bought an old comic spinner rack on Craigslist for $25 and display my lower grade stuff on it. People who see it in the house think it is really cool

1 Like

@Dixiedead thats a heckuva deal

If you’re overly anxious about keeping the comics from UV light, scan and make posters to decorate your walls with you favorites. That’s what I did. You’ll never be able to enjoy them in a box. Here’s one wall in the living room. Some of my other favs from other rooms include Batman Family 2, E-Man 4 (Charlton series), Animal Man 5 (great Bolland art cover), Adventure 428 Black Orchid, World’s Finest 30 fire engine cv, Batman 55 classic Joker, Lois Lane 111, Brave Bold 59 GL & Batman, Ghost Comics 6 one of greatest FH covers, and The Dead Who Walk 1950s amazing horror cover.

2 Likes

@jvfann, Thats a beautiful set up, my friend!

I personally frame the special ones that I want to display. I have found double-glass (meaning it doesn’t have a solid back piece, just another piece of glass) at a few of the large craft stores that work beautifully. Of course, like others have mentioned, I make sure they are not in direct sunlight to ensure they aren’t bleached out.

1 Like

Heres my cost efficient display

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/62086344_2241862812697797_3243290995332218880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQliZ3LZzCYfwT9L3_KRbkw1o9dK6dQ6gCvZ42xUP_9SQTXUoH_AuxPL1eawYiAXhoI&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=de2c63b0331732410f9a8651a5e60284&oe=5D51C0B5