disney plus

who is ready for disney to dominate dc universe

1 Like

Oh bad form sir! and your tag was Captain Marvel tisk tisk :frowning:
I normally try to be polite to others that post complaints or just negativity on here because we are all DC fans but you should just leave!

9 Likes

I have no interest in Disney+, I was somewhat curious until I heard they would have no R rated movies, so clearly they are going for a “family service” which is fine, but as a single guy I don’t find it worth paying. I also heard they don’t have streaming rights to Star Wars films, at least the original trilogy, so expect people to come out of the gate giving complaints they did here, when they find every movie ever published by Disney ever is not there RIGHT NOW.

And while I am sure more people will be on Disney+, comparing it to DCU is unfair. DCU is focused solely on DC Comics and a lot of it is comics not movies. Disney+ has Marvel as one aspect of it, a good chunk of their subscribers will not even be subscribing for Marvel films (We also don’t know for a fact they will all be on there, people are assuming everything will be on at once, but that seems unlikely out of the gate especially). So hardly fair to compare, it’s not like Marvel UNiverse is going to have comparable numbers which I hate to bring up, but is a closer parralel to DCU then Disney+.

But hey when it starts trolls can take job in saying “it is so much better then DCU in the unfair fight I have decided they are in”. I guess it will make them feel all tingly or something.

6 Likes

I’m excited for the Scarlett Witch and Vision show. This town is more than big enough for the both of us partner. The more apps streaming comic material the merrier

1 Like

I will not be buying into Disney +
I already own the Marvel movies. The Winter Soldier and Falcon limited show sounds good. I’m sure Disney + will be fine

@DanTheManOne1 they do now. They bought 20th Century Fox. So they now have the rights to all of Star Wars. Not really interested in Disney + except for Clone Wars and the Mandalorian.

No one here give a damn about Mickey Mouse and Lord Feige upcoming trash streaming service. No one also give a damn about about their crappy upcoming series. Mcu movies are glorified Friends episodes with action scenes. Their upcoming series will be no different. If I wanna sitcoms, I’d go on Netflix and binge Friends. Not pay for Mickey Mouse streaming service.

2 Likes

Watch sitcoms*

1 Like

disney+ is gonna be lame like you are and is proably gonna cost twice as much than what you pay for the dcu app just because its disney also did you know everyone on this app has proably seen every single marvel movie more than once so why would we give them our money

5 Likes

I am going to get Disney+ and will also keep dc

1 Like

I don’t know about Disney+, but I’m definitely reupping my subscription to DC Universe!

5 Likes

I don’t know about Disney+, but I’m definitely reupping my subscription to DC Universe!

2 Likes

Let’s see, D+ won’t have message boards, won’t have comic books, won’t have anything that’s not PG, so no Deadpool. Also D+ won’t have Star Wars movies because Turner owns the rights to all of them. Also, very good chance at least some if the Marvel movies will end up on Hulu not D+, and that’s only after all of the licensing deals have run out. Simply put D+ won’t be as great as some people think, remember it’s Disney +, not Marvel +.

6 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord I think Turner owns the distribution rights, not FOX. Also wondering on the FOX stuff if the sale is finalized enough to put that on right out of the gate. But again I am not savvy to a lot of this so they may be on.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/3/17647282/disney-star-wars-turner-broadcasting-netflix-streaming-rights If The Verge is to be believed (and of course it’s on the internet so it must be true), Apparently Disney + will not have most of the Star Wars films.

You can impart Disneyplus with the Warner Brothers service coming up. Not with DC universe

1 Like

Why must people stir sh*t up among fans and make a war out of everything ? I’m ready for Disney + AND keeping DCU. I wish BOTH great success

4 Likes

Exactly right Redhood! D+ is intended to compete with Netflix, it’s not going to be a fansite like the DCU. D+ will have original marvel and Starwars TV shows, but it’s unlikely to have marvel and Starwars movies at start up. D+ has stated they want to be the home of all marvel and Starwars material, and I’m sure they will be one day, but this is not that day.

1 Like

Im with @TX85, im gonna have BOTH services and am excited for Disney +. However, your post comes off as trolling and is unwelcome here. Please leave :wave:

2 Likes

WHAT IS DISNEY+?