Discussion: Matt Reeves Batman Universe. What’s to Come for the Dark Knight?

I do agree with that.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Look, we’ve had stuff like this before.

“Nooo! Michael Keaton can’t play Batman! He’s too short! He’s Mister Mom!”

“Nooo! Christian Bale can’t play Batman! He’s Patrick Bateman! He’s British!”

“Nooo! Ben Affleck can’t play Batman! He’s Daredevil! He’s Jersey Girl!”

And each time they’ve delivered amazing, iconic takes on the character. I’m not saying that guarantees that Mister Sparkly Vampire is going to create an iconic Batman, but I would look at roles Pattinson has done outside of Mister Sparkly Vampire (and know that there is not a bigger Twilight hater on the planet than Robert Pattinson) and remember that Matt Reeves is a pretty good filmmaker and if he chose the guy for the part, it’s probably because he thinks he’ll be pretty good for it.

10 Likes

Many people think Robert will fail probably because of how bad the twilight movies, but that’s movie business. You have good movies, then you may have a terrible movie that no one likes. It happens.

2 Likes

It was the biggest break of the guy’s career, and because of that, he can now comfortably make whatever weird, interesting indie movies he wants. I say good for him.

4 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

I don’t really like the stitches in the cowl, but besides that the suit looks amazing.

3 Likes

He did a great job with the Planet of the Apes movies.

3 Likes

Who would you want to be in the next Robert Pattinson Batman movie?

• Joker
  • Bane
  • Mr Freeze

0 voters

1 Like

I only saw one, but I enjoyed it.

The third one is great, if you’ve got the time to watch it. That’s also the reason he hired Andy Serkis.

2 Likes

That was the one I saw. I went with my friends to see it. 10/10. I’ve never seen a planet of the apes movie before that so when I saw it I really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Supposedly there’s a Gotham tv show in the works. It’s set place in the same universe as Robert Pattinsons Batman. I might not watch it, but it’s cool that Matt Reeves is spreading his universe out.

4 Likes

The one thing that bugs me about Pattinson was the fact that he is refusing to work out for the role at all. I understand that very well may be an unpopular opinion, but the way I see it, one of Batman’s characteristics is that he’s taken his body to the limit. Whatever pattinsons reasonings are, I believe he’s wrong but whatever​:man_shrugging: As I a person who honestly enjoyed disliked movies like justice league for what it was, I’m sure I’ll appreciate whatever ends up happening with this Batman movie

4 Likes

Maybe there’s more to it. He probably needs to gain some weight since he is a skinny guy.

3 Likes

Robert Pattinson is notorious for cracking jokes and “pranking” the press. He’s very anti-Hollywood and lives his life pretty separate from that world (except for when he’s making films). The not working out was a joke to kind of tease the media (and I’m sure overreactive fans as well lol). He’s since come out with his work out routine for the role and has put on a good look. Not that it matters since they usually put fake abs and stuff in the costume anyway. Here’s his routine from an article in Healthy For Men:

As far as my take on his casting, Robert Pattinson is an incredible actor. It’s easy to dunk on him for Twilight, but look at his other roles and you’ll see he’s an extremely talented actor who’s able to take on a variety of characters. If you’re interested in some of his work to see what I mean, I recommend: Good Time, The Lighthouse, or The King. He also looks pretty great in the upcoming Tenet. I fully trust him and all of the casting decisions so far. Matt Reeves is a great director who I trust fully. I saw some people putting other hopeful fan casts, for me my fan cast would be Lakeith Stanfield as the Joker. He’s another proven actor who has been able to take on a variety of very different roles and do them well. He also has voiced interest in playing the character, so I’m down to see his take. Here’s a fan edit of him by ApexForm on Instagram:

7 Likes

@OmniLad I had a feeling that was a joke.

4 Likes

Batman should be in peak physical shape, but I don’t necessarily think that the actor playing Batman needs to be totally jacked or ripped (especially if there aren’t any shirtless scenes). I say this because the armored costume pretty much covers it up as Batman and the dress shirt and blazer covers it up as Bruce Wayne. As long as he’s not noticeably out of shape, I think it’s probably fine.

7 Likes

That’s probably why they went with the armor look. It does look cool though.

3 Likes

I think he is. The car looks awesome, and Pattinson looks great in the cowl. I hear that this movie is heavily influenced by, Geoff Johns Batman: Earth one.

4 Likes