Discussion/Impressions: Batman 89 Series

Right? I think this is the first time I am sad I didn’t go to Coachella, not that I have ever been to that festival. Well, actually the second time. The first time was when Portishead reunited.

1 Like

Hmmm the suit needed work but with that hair I think it could have worked!
Especially considering the ‘do that the Tim Drake figure had….

No, I read him with a screaming goats voice.

I have a chris odonnel voice in my head usually lol

It reminds me of my childhood watching Batman 1989 on VHS. I like they kept this in period and in Burtonverse style. in my mind, this separates the Burton and Schumacher films. personally, I love that we get Selina and bruce back together, Alfred’s distaste for Miss Kitty. I find it interesting how they explored Harvey becoming two-face in a different way from the classic two personalities at war with each other to a delusion about multiversal choice. if that makes sense.

The Harvey/Babs angle is odd however this version of Jim Gordan is a lot older than the year one, thus it makes sense Babs is older and I think they’re trying to distance themselves from the Schumacher films. I cant wait to see how this ends…and if batman is going to kill again in this.

LOL I am so sorry… :cry:

The last issue is finally out after hordes of delays making this take nearly a year. Overall this series was a waste of money. Horrendous pacing, way too much going on, bad focus, practically no Batman, and almost completely devoid of fun. I chose that I would only spend money on this or Superman '78, and I completely regret my choice.

Read it, today. I want to see a live action version of Drake’s costume. I had Tony Todd’s voice in my head, for Harvey, but the likenesses all looked great.