Discussion: Calling ALL Red Hood FANS (and Anyone Else With an Opinion on the Matter)

completely agree with Barbara/Tim being the most annoying thing about the game. It just felt unnatural.

7 Likes

I found him too whiny and melodramatic, even compared to his characterization in Under the Hood. And when he lost the Arkham Knight mask just to put on the Red Hood mask, I think I may have received a bit of eyeroll strain.

His strategy of perching on the wall and waiting for you to come up and punch him was also rather disappointing, but at least it wasn’t a Batmobile sequence…

4 Likes

I also want to bring up something and spotlight Rocksteady for a moment here… there are literally more than a hundred or so easter eggs and references throughout the game, especially in Gotham’s environment, and if I remember correctly there are still some that have yet to be discovered. That’s another part I like, is the amount of time and detail that Rocksteady took in order to put into the game’s environment with these easter eggs. From secret areas, names of buildings that we as the player pass by without a second thought, the statues that change with Joker toxin, even using detective mode and seeing Barbara’s spine (:sob:)… and yet, there is supposedly more… It’s just nice to think about it.

Alright, back to Jason Todd now.

5 Likes

YES! For me it is always the little details that mean a lot and make me really enjoy something even more.

5 Likes

IDK, I died during it even more than I did during the Excavator chase, so I guess he was doing something right.

4 Likes

I had the opposite experience. It was almost as if I could just waltz up to him. Meanwhile, I quit playing the game for several months because I was so disgusted by that excavator fight.

I’ve beaten the game’s main story mode, and I still don’t feel comfortable driving the Batmobile. Did Jason steal a tire off-screen at the start of the game? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

LOL! I don’t know what it was about that turret arrangement, but I just could not get past it.

The excavator fight was definitely hell, though. I hated the Batmobile controls in that game and avoided driving it wherever possible.

3 Likes

It’s akin to the old “I can’t get it to work, but someone else gets it to work immediately as soon as I say something” gag that the universe likes to pull, no doubt. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember a lot of people saying that the Poison Ivy fight in Arkham Asylum was hard. That thing was a cakewalk. Meanwhile, I was nearly in Jack Torrance mode by the time I was done with the Killer Croc sequence. And don’t even get me started on that stupid remote control Batarang from Arkham City. From the number of times I had to do it, you’d think I was going for a speedrun record, not a single successful attempt.

3 Likes

Hahahhaa. Yeah, I don’t know, the Poison Ivy fight in AA was fairly tough for me, but the Killer Croc sequence wasn’t too bad. It was a bit patience-testing, but I don’t think I actually died during it.

The Remote Batarang, however, can go sit in the corner with the Batmobile when it comes to terrible controls. It knows what it did.

3 Likes

“Jason Todd fans, what did you think of Arkham Knight?”
“The Batmobile sucked.”
“That, um, wasn’t the question.”
“But it is the answer.”

6 Likes

Comic universe Batman: “If only I had the Batmobile instead of that slow red truck, I might have made it in time to save Jason!”

Arkham series Batman: “If only I had a slow red truck instead of the Batmobile, I might have made it in time to save Jason!”

3 Likes

I just IRL busted up laughing at this.

2 Likes

I love Jason and angst between him and Bruce gets me every time. I consistently get teary-eyed during Under the Red Hood when Jason says, “He took me away from you.” I had a similar reaction here during their boss fight. Though part of me wishes they created a legitimate new character and not just a new identity for an already established character.

I also hated the batmobile controls @mysterious_pumpkin and the tanks. Since repeated playthroughs I’m better but I still don’t like it. The excavator is the WORST.

4 Likes

Really thanks to the Arkham video game I met Jason and thanks to that I started reading DC, now with the cancellation of Red Hood I’m choosing to read Marvel.

2 Likes

I loved the arkham games including arkham knight, but the TV portrayal brought new personality and depth to the character of Jason Todd and his growth and/or decent into Red Hood.

2 Likes

Welcome to DCUI @chrissmall341.4920. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like