DISCUSS: Meta Madhouse - THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND! Behold Your New Champion: ⚡️REVERSE-FLASH!⚡️

This also has happened to me as well a few times. Turns out, I had an extra space while typing my information in, so I think that the user log in is very case sensitive because once I just typed in my information without using the drop down like some browsers with log in information do I didn’t have that problem anymore.

Either that or one of the Meta Madhouse coaches wanted to sabotage your voting. :thinking: :smile: That’s something I could see Joker doing. I also know Lex isn’t happy I did so well picking through his bracket because of my profile picture now. We’ll see who gets the last laugh with the results from Brainiac’s and Grodd’s fight. :sweat_smile: :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Reverse Flash and Grodd would be a match I want to see.

What a battle it was in the semi-finals. :exploding_head:

Black Adam descended upon the battle field with a great lightning strike and a loud clap of thunder. Reverse Flash then zooms onto the battle field with a wide grin. The bell rings. In a flash, Reverse Flash is gone out of Black Adam’s sight. Then, multiple Reverse Flashes appear. They all begin to laugh at Black Adam and in unison tell him, “You can’t see me.” Black Adam, not phased by this parlor trick, counts 16 Reverse Flashes. He then claps his hands and fires lightning bolts in all directions at these mirages. One by one they all start to disappear until he notices one move differently than all the rest. I have you now thinks Black Adam. With his great speed he rushes towards Reverse Flash. With a massive clothesline, he knocks Reverse Flash down to the ground with a massive thud. Black Adam then says, “time to smell what I’ve been cooking this whole tournament.” Black Adam then kicks the right arm of Reverse Flash, and with another crack of lightning, he begins to deliver The People’s Elbow. As he goes in for the strike, however, Reverse Flash phases through his elbow! Then, in Reverse Flash time, he begins to deliver punch, after punch, after punch. Reverse Flash then pauses in front of Black Adam. Black Adam, confused, begins to feel the pain of Reverse Flash’s blows as bruises form and blood begins to flow out of his appearing wounds. Reverse Flash then speeds forward and grabs Black Adam by the collar. Reverse Flash then tells Black Adam, “You’ve fought well. On this day, I see clearly now, everything…” Reverse Flash punches Black Adam once more. He then says, “You could not of beaten me!” Bam, echoes the sound of another punch. “Your great nemesis is nothing more than a child!” Pow! Another punch. “You know what I did to my nemesis when he was a child?!” Crack! Another punch. “I Killed His Mother!” One last punch, and Black Adam crumbles to the ground. Black Adam not willing to give in, his left eye swollen shut, blood pouring out of a cut above his right, gingerly raises both his arms and motions with his hands for Reverse Flash to keep the fight going. Reverse Flash cackles, and then says, “You are done. Plus, I’m going to leave a little left in you because your movie is going to be great and wouldn’t want to spoil that.” With one last smirk, Reverse Flash claims his bid into the championships. :smirk: :flushed:

Reverse Flash then notices in the distance Brainiac has strung up Grodd in his tendrils. Grodd, unable to move, succumbs to Brainiac. “Any last words mammal,” questions Brainiac. With one final thought, Grodd thinks, Father, to Reverse Flash. Then with a twist of his tendrils, Brainiac defeats Grodd soundly. :pleading_face: :fearful:

With a giant swell of hatred, red lightning crackles around Reverse Flash. “NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” The Reverse Flash exclaims. Brainiac collects his tendrils to himself and turns around to face Reverse Flash. His green skin curls his cheeks as he smiles with a giant grin, his black eyes beaming with pride of what he has done. With a loud Ka-Rak-A-Boom, Reverse Flash then zooms towards Brainiac… :angry: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

To be concluded…

4 Likes

Glad to see reason won the day and gave us the final we deserved and our two combatants earned.

For as fast as Brainiac can compute, it isn’t faster than the speed of light.

When it comes to computers the fastest processor wins, and in this case the speed of the Reverse-Flash is the faster of the two processors.

7 Likes

This one is so insanely hard. On the one hand, Brainiac is an absolute genius, one who has gone up against the Justice League many times. On the other hand, Thawne is a genius too, and although he’s not nearly as smart as Brainiac, his speed compensates very well, especially considering that Brainiac is a robot, and being an inorganic being gives him a disadvantage. On the third hand, which mysteriously appeared on my chest a few months ago, I don’t know as much about Brainiac as I do about RF. As a big Flash fan, I would have been better equipped to judge if Grodd had won over Brainiac. Interestingly enough, even though I voted for Brainiac in the semi-finals, I think that Grodd v. Thawne would be very equal considering Grodd’s experience against a certain speedster. Anyway, I’m gonna have to mull over this one before voting. In the meantime, Reverse-Flash is hyphenated, admins!

3 Likes

Well since I don’t have either of the final two winning I don’t have a favorite to win it all but will probably be voting for Reverse Flash. Good luck to both and may the best villain win.

1 Like

I got the final 2 right in my bracket at least!

2 Likes

Huzzah! I am so close to ‘passing’ per my acceptance of 75 points-minimum suggested by @ajm08g humorously proxying for Brainiac. Reverse-Flash and Brainiac were my picks who somehow survived my pretty devastated bracket all the way to the final match. Now, only if my pick for the ultimate winner is accurate will I ‘pass.’ It was a tough call to make then (when making bracket selection). Could see it going either way; I know who makes more sense to me, but I’m not confident my reasoning holds up to logical scrutiny. Not sharing who my champ is. Don’t want to ‘jinx’ anything or whatever. This has been such an unexpectedly welcome distraction; I’ll leave it at that. :crossed_fingers:t2: for my unnamed villain!

3 Likes

Indeed. No matter the outcome, this has been a lot of fun and whoever wins with the best bracket has certainly earned it. :sunglasses: :+1: I do have to say after reading another good article breakdown from @HubCityQuestion, he was right, the Anti-Monitor was robbed! :sob: Having him still in the mix would have helped out my bracket considerably to not have me waiting “to pass” on how the championship plays out. That and quite a few more changes in my Beast bracket too. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have to vote for Brainiac.
RF was the first to screw up my bracket I need revenge. Also brainiac is a 12 twelve level intellect so he has to have a plane for speedsters even Reverse Flash.

1 Like

I’m going with who I thought would win which was Reverse-Flash. I think it will be a battle but with Reverse-Flash winning.

1 Like

To also add to the fun of deciding on who would win the fight, I am imagining these two courteous of our DCTV shows The Flash and Krypton. Both are great actors for sure! Perhaps one day we might just get to see a live screen brawl as well? Will be interesting for sure while taking into account the results of our Meta Madhouse. :thinking: :sunglasses: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

My dream is that Meta Madhouse inspires more fan art. I’d love to see people’s visual takes on the fights!

6 Likes

I have Braniac for the win!

Well, I guess my vote was decided when I accidentally voted for RF. I still am undecided, but that’s who I was leaning towards. I just can’t see any reason for RF to go up against Brainiac by himself. Since his first appearance his evil has always been solely focused on his hatred for the Flash, even if the specifics evolved a little bit over time. I could see him going up against Brainiac if Brainiac was threatening to take over the Earth, but then he wouldn’t be alone. In theory, however, a one-on-one fight between the two would be very even, and I don’t know who would win.

1 Like

Very true! Fan art would be great! I also would be more than happy if someone could do fan art of my meta commentary on the fights. My stick figures would definitely not do them justice. :smile:

1 Like

He doesn’t need a reason. This is a tournament. You fight whoever moves up in the brackets against you.

1 Like

haven’t seen krypton yet but that actually looks like brainiac! i may have to finally watch it.

4 Likes

I can only vouch for season 1 of Krypton (haven’t seen season 2), but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The SyFy channel—still cringe at that rebrand spelling—has done well by comics world-generated TV lately, in my opinion. Since we’re all about DCU here, I won’t mention non-DC titles, but since Grant Morrison has been/is such a powerhouse writer for DC, think it’s worth mentioning that SyFy is the first network to give him the opportunity to actually be directly and thoroughly involved in getting one of his own original comics adapted onto the small screen… :man_shrugging:t2: :tv: :clapper:

4 Likes

Yes! @J.Allen421 It is quite the story sadly cut short of it’s time, but definitely worth checking out! There are very interesting characters and the story builds upon the mythos of the DC Universe quite nicely. @Rac_Shade if you enjoyed season 1 you are in for a treat in season 2. :sunglasses: :+1: Kind of how, bringing it back to our Meta Tournament, has been as we close in on the championship results soon. I’m curious, if anyone knows when they announce the results, if they will announce say a top 30 or something like that of all who played along?

3 Likes