Dini and Mandel Share Harley Quinn: Black + White + Red Secrets

Following in the grand tradition of Batman Black and White , Harley Quinn put her own delightfully twisted spin on the limited color concept last year in the DC Black Label anthology series Harley Quinn Black + White + Red . Creators including Harleen writer and artist Stjepan Šejić, Mirka Andolfo, Erica Henderson, Jordie Bellaire, plus veteran Harley creators like Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin and Sam Humphries all contributed memorable short stories in stark black and white accompanied by generous splashes of red.

Harley Quinn Black + White + Red is out now in a collected edition, which includes two never-before-seen stories only available in this format, courtesy of some rather high-profile creative teams: “Eight Nights of Harlequin” by Veep showrunner David Mandel and superstar artist Adam Hughes, and “Harleen’s Half Dozen (Plus One)” by Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini and fellow Batman: The Animated Series alumni Kevin Altieri.

Longtime friends Dini and Mandel talked to DC Nation about their contributions to the series and the enduring, ever-evolving versatility of Harley Quinn.

To read the full interview with Dini and Mandel and learn all the juicy secrets, head over to DC Comics!

Have you read Harley Quinn: Black + White + Red? Let us know your thoughts in the comments! :point_down:

6 Likes

I really love the art in this series and I’m super excited that David Mandel decided to do a Hanukkah story featuring Harley; I feel like her Jewish roots are fairly unknown to most people and this is a great way to spotlight it.

Great quote from the interview: “Mandel: People might accidentally read my story while they’re looking at Adam’s art”. :joy:

2 Likes