Digitalized Daydreams

As most people know, DC digitalized older series into the the app every week. While plenty of new and un heard of series are seeing the light of day, as DC still has a giant backlog of titles that haven’t made the conversation yet. What Gold, Silver, or Bronze Age titles would you like to see make the jump to a digital format? Personally, I’d like to see the original Ragman and Madame Xanadu series make their debut in the DC Universe app. But what about you guys?

1 Like

I’d love to see the Charlton era Blue Beetle and Question stories on here. It’s not impossible — they have Captain Atom!

3 Likes

First Issue Special would be great to see on here. They tried a lot of concepts with this book. The big stand outs were the Mikaal Tomas Starman and Warlord.

2 Likes

Well, what HCQ said would probably be my first choice, but our non-Trinity Golden Age selection is pretty weak. I’d like to see some more All-American Comics, Green Lantern vol. 1, Whiz Comics, Captain Marvel Adventures, and Flash Comics.

3 Likes

I think I’ve asked on another thread, but would love to see the Neal Adams Spectre issues, as well as more horror stuff. There’s some House of Secrets and Mystery on here, but usually just the ones with big first appearances. Would be really cool to see those, Witching Hour, and The Unexpected really filled out.

2 Likes

DC’s Tarzan series

2 Likes

@msgtv I would also love Kubert’s Tarzan series, but @Turok informed me that Dark Horse has the rights now. Complete Kubert years is $19.99 on comixology, however. Hopefully we’re talking about the same Tarzan series, Kubert’s art is extraordinary and I haven’t gotten the chance to read them through myself. May have to take the comixology deal soon.

3 Likes

Oh where to begin…yeah, batman is the bread winner, but, there’s SO MUCH MORE. Imagine bein 80+ years old and only sharing ONE story about that ONE time in your life…lets hear/read them all.

1 Like

The Warlord
Our Army at War/Sgt. Rock
Star Spangled War Stories/Unknown Soldier
Jonah Hex

3 Likes

It’s not a huge priority to me, but I was surprised how spotty the Action Comics run is. I went through it yesterday out of curiosity and found there are huge gaps throughout. I read some of the original stories and was surprised they didn’t contain any of the stories aside from Superman’s. Those original action comics were anthologies with many stories in every issue. It would be fascinating to see what else they were pitching at the time. You’d think if there were any hero aside from Bats with the complete history, it would be Supes.

4 Likes

I’d love to see more Bronze Age issues of Action Comics and Superman.

5 Likes

Deadmanbrand, thanks didn’t know that. Was reading recently how the Tarzan rights moved around over the years. Loved the character and comic as a kid. Will have to check it out on Comixology

2 Likes

All for more bronze age Supermak and Batman titles.

Also would like some golden and bronze age Captaon Marvel/Shazam stories.

On a more niche note, the Karate Kid was a favorite obscure series.

1st Issue Spectacular should also be on here

2 Likes

I’ve seen old issues of Action Comics Batwing. Zatara was usually the second feature and Tex Thompson/Mr. America had a long run in there. I can’t remember if Pep Morgan was in Action but I believe he was.

DC needs to fill in their massive gaps in Batman and Superman comics from the Silver Age.

1 Like

Greg Rucka’s run on Adventures of Superman

The rest of The Brave & The Bold

Power Company

The rest of Roy Thomas’ run on Wonder Woman

Secret Society of Super-Villains, Return of the New Gods, and Thriller.

2 Likes

I second thriller. What a comic that was. Pulp with science fiction

http://michelfiffe.com/?p=756

1 Like

@Coco_Loco you took me back with The Power Company!

1 Like